What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

replied on 16/08/2018 11:59

Posted on 16/08/2018 11:59

Just fed the grandsons and daughter. 5 mins peace. smile

Ooops. I'm wanted again!

cyberyacht replied on 16/08/2018 12:06

Posted on 16/08/2018 12:06

The garden needed a serious short back and sides after the cruise, so I've just finished two trips to the tip with two and a half hippo bags worth of cuttings. I haven't even finished trimming back the back garden bay tree or any of the shrubs in the front garden yet. Must crack on with these jobs so that I can give some attention to getting away in the MH before the sun starts dropping too low in the sky.

JVB66 replied on 16/08/2018 12:18

Posted on 16/08/2018 12:18

Nearly sorted out after our return home yesterday,had to dust off my raincoat this morning for Rosa and i on our first walk, and the water buts were noted as full yesterday and the pond is now full today after "unblocking" pipe from water buttsurprised

We had a bit of a "problem" when stopping at the Welcome? break services at Oxford as All the dedicated caravan bays were full of Goods vehicles and also some of the coach bays which we and others had to use,and no one from the services to "monitor?" the situation,at least one coach could not stop (do not know if it had passengers on boardfrown 

ps have emailed Welcome Break, i wonder if a reply will be forth comingundecided

milliehull replied on 16/08/2018 12:22

Posted on 16/08/2018 12:22

Popped in home briefly as we are in Peterborough for OH's hospital appointment.  All went well.  Very quick and efficient despite the place being heaving.  It was to test the nerves in his left hand and wrist prior (hopefully) to a carpal tunnel op.  Goodness knows when that will be as this has been dragging on for months.

I hope your dog is better Helen.  It is always a bit of a worry when they are not well.

Glad your daughter and SIL are happy to do the work themselves.OP.  I am sure they will appreciate some help keeping the grandtwins occupied and out of the way at times though.  Our children are now fairly self sufficient.  Our daughter taught herself to paint and hang wallpaper after a bit of 'instruction' from OH when her first marriage broke down and felt very pleased with herself when she had her little house all newly decorated. They sometimes help us now. Our DIL is great at painting ceilings which OH now finds difficult.laughing

We are having a great time at Houghton Mill. We caught the bus into St. Ives and back on Monday.  When we were last there the bus company had stopped all the buses to the village but a local coach company has taken it over until September to see how things go and then might extend it.  Some of us on the campsite decided that we should support them.  We were talking to a lady who has lived in the village all her life and doesn't drive and is a bit worried that they will be left without a bus service.

Make the most of your peace and quiet brue so you are rested and can enjoy your son and grandson when they return.smile

Must get back to Houghton now. Enjoy your day folks I hope this teeming rain stops soon.frown

Cornersteady replied on 16/08/2018 12:52

Posted on 16/08/2018 12:09 by cyberyacht

Getting back to the A level results. Have you ever noticed how none of the TV interviews ever get anyone who has flunked their exams?

Posted on 16/08/2018 12:52

that's because everyone passes due to brilliant teacherssmile

Bakers2 replied on 16/08/2018 18:43

Posted on 16/08/2018 12:09 by cyberyacht

Getting back to the A level results. Have you ever noticed how none of the TV interviews ever get anyone who has flunked their exams?

Posted on 16/08/2018 18:43

Actually BBC East did speak to a young man who'd not done as well as had hoped. I seem to recall this isn't the first time.

Seems like on the whole they all did good. Well done to them all regardless of their results. So long as you gave it your best you couldnt do more, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and refocus to get what you want. Sadly life throws in setbacks, it might not be a bad lesson to learn.

Thank goodness we weren't waiting on behalf of ours 😉

brue replied on 16/08/2018 18:58

Posted on 16/08/2018 18:58

I always think some of the world's best brains didn't do too well at school so there's hope for all, including the late developers! smilesmile

Wherenext replied on 16/08/2018 19:28

Posted on 16/08/2018 19:28

We had a pleasant, almost stress free (local diversion through a busy market town due to a "Local Incident") drive  and arrived safely at our temporary home for the next 8 nights, high up on the Yorkshire hills. The CL has a bit of a slope so we've set up base camp for the night and will attempt the peak tomorrow. Methinks it was a good idea to bring levelling blocks.smile

Fantastic views. 

New awning seems to be ok even if it is on three levels.

MillieH - hope carpal tunnel op goes well for MrH but my brother had one last year and was unsuccessful. He's having another go this year.

milliehull replied on 16/08/2018 19:50

Posted on 16/08/2018 19:50

Thanks for the good wishes WN. OH had the other hand done 16 years ago and it was a great success so fingers crossed for this one. Enjoy your your trip away.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook