What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Bakers2 replied on 16/01/2019 16:10

Posted on 16/01/2019 16:10

Wherenext fingers crossed for a swift date for MIL op.

We have had to curtail our spending on trips somewhat since daughter lives in NZ, local it's been but was aiming to be a bit more adventurous year but that may not happen with op etc and mother duties. Fingers crossed for all carers getting breaks spontaneously 😃.

TTDA well done at the dentist, it certainly isn't my favourite place. That said we've had a great dentist for the last 30 years, I know that because I first saw him soon after my son was born 😯 dentist was newly qualified. Very gentle and understanding. OH used to have to be put out for any treatment but this guy has never had to do that. Sadly he only sees patients privately so we used Denplan. He's now head of the practice and I hear he gets very good NHS dentists, but they generally turn private or move on to do so and we dont want to take the risk. I'm actually going tomorrow for a clean - 😯😯, he never passes you to a hygienist which is nice, but I have really sensitive teeth, just like the rest of me!

cyberyacht replied on 16/01/2019 17:23

Posted on 16/01/2019 17:23

Finally finished the modification of the fixed bed. By raising it a few inches, not only can I now use the full aperture of the hatch, I've also gained some useful stowage slots above the lockers either side. Just have to remember my parachute when I go to the loo at night.

Tammygirl replied on 16/01/2019 18:17

Posted on 16/01/2019 15:58 by Bakers2

Tammygirl 😯

Beautiful sunny day today, blue skies a bit breezy,  we did have a frost overnight and until mid morning but so nice to see the sunshine, very warm coming through the lounge window. 

please dont hog all those clear blue skies, we've hardly had a break in the clouds since before Christmas, feels like the sky's on your head 😤😤😤. I'd rather have brught cold and clear. Fingers crossed for next few days. We now have some heavier drizzle just to cheer us up!

Posted on 16/01/2019 18:17

Sorry, makes a change for us to have nice days at this time of year. I don't want to jinx it but I can't remember it so mild or so nice, January for us usually means,  mild = wet and grey or blue skies = freezing cold. 

Popped into Tesco while OH was picking up the currency, bought a new mascara wow! I think this is the best one I have ever had, I have really short eyelashes and struggle to get them to look 'full' but this new one is great smile

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2019 19:21

Posted on 16/01/2019 15:35 by Wherenext

Cheers, ttda.

We had a nice trial run in Autumn last year of cancellations and short term breaks and have in past years had the same as I had to have regular tests and meetings with consultants. We could have had a nice little break away with the amount of deposits lost over the years.smile

Would like to get away in a cottage somewhere but prefer not to commit as we don't know dates for operations etc. There's quite a few people in the same boat as us. Just grin and bear it.

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:21

Last cottage we went to, I booked it two days before we set off. Mind you, we are regulars there, and it’s not far away. It’s possible, and often very cheap.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/01/2019 19:22

Posted on 16/01/2019 17:23 by cyberyacht

Finally finished the modification of the fixed bed. By raising it a few inches, not only can I now use the full aperture of the hatch, I've also gained some useful stowage slots above the lockers either side. Just have to remember my parachute when I go to the loo at night.

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:22

Well done CY. It’s good being able to modify things to suit if you can.

brue replied on 16/01/2019 19:39

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:14 by triky auto

wink Thanks to you'all for the compassion and suggestions,only time will tell i guess !! 

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:39

I've joined the walking wounded today Triky. Sprained my ankle on the train to London and had to come home. Really painful and had to climb two railway bridges as well!

Hope you'll be back on the road soon.

Wherenext replied on 16/01/2019 19:48

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:39 by brue

I've joined the walking wounded today Triky. Sprained my ankle on the train to London and had to come home. Really painful and had to climb two railway bridges as well!

Hope you'll be back on the road soon.

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:48

Dangerous place, London! My sympathy Brue. No house work for you for a while.

milliehull replied on 16/01/2019 20:27

Posted on 16/01/2019 20:27

I am glad to hear that your MIL has an appointment WN. I do hope things work out better than anticipated. I am sorry to hear that you have had to cancel your holiday plans though. Some years ago when we were carers for FIL he went into respite care while we went to France in our then motor home. Unfortunately half way through our trip when we were in SW France we got a phone call to say he had been admitted to hospital so had to make a quick dash home. So I think you have made the right decision. I hope all goes well for your MIL and you are able to get away later in the year.  We are trying to tailor our trips around OH's hospital appointments at the moment but I am sure we will manage to get away a few times this year.  Fingers crossed for our trip to Tenerife on 1st March.

I am glad to hear you are beginning to feel a bit better Triky. I hope you and Concord are back on the road soon.

Sorry to hear about your ankle brue. That sounds very painful. 

I hope you find a nice cottage for a holiday with your mum tda.

It has been a grey and wet day here today. I put our winter duvet on our bed today so we are ready for the cold nights that are forecast.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook