What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Oneputt replied on 16/01/2019 21:13

Posted on 16/01/2019 19:39 by brue

I've joined the walking wounded today Triky. Sprained my ankle on the train to London and had to come home. Really painful and had to climb two railway bridges as well!

Hope you'll be back on the road soon.

Posted on 16/01/2019 21:13

Hope you heal quickly Brue.  I always think sprains are more painful than breaks.

Wherenext replied on 16/01/2019 21:23

Posted on 16/01/2019 21:23

We had something similar, Millie, when we had to dash home from La Rochelle as care services wouldn't let FIL come home from respite when he lost the use of his legs (he had Dementia). We had to find a suitable care home within 1 week.

We used to take turns going away for a break from caring for him. Mrs WN and MIL would go off for a week to Italy whilst I looked after him and we would set off in the caravan, usually just for a week but occasionally for two and MIL had extra care assistants come in for that period. We were exceedingly lucky in finding an excellent home and wonderful staff for his last couple of years. Puts many a problem into perspective.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/01/2019 21:55

Posted on 16/01/2019 21:55

Home today following our X-Mas/New Year trip. Only a short drive as we had a couple of nights on a CL near Newby Bridge. Van cleared out before lunch and while OH got on with the washing and took Flyte for a walk I cleaned the car. As there was nearly 6 weeks of mud and grit on it I was at it for nearly 2 hours!! Have started on going through the new CC's Site Directory this evening, marking up the recommended and visited sites. Only got as far a Derbyshire and there are a few queries already.

nelliethehooker replied on 16/01/2019 22:08

Posted on 16/01/2019 22:08

You can keep the snow up there, TG. Hope that it doesn't stop you getting away.

Sorry to hear about your ankle, brue. Hope that it's not too painful now and that it clears up soon.

Well done with the filling, tda, I had to get one done last time we were home, but fortunately don't have a phobia about dentists.

Millie, we've not yet decided where we'll go next trip, but may just start off in the Lakes for a change. As we'll be heading off again in about 3 weeks I doubt that the sites will be full.

Tammygirl replied on 16/01/2019 23:45

Posted on 16/01/2019 21:25 by Wherenext

When do you go off for your boating lake adventure?smile

Posted on 16/01/2019 23:45

laughing another 10 days, so plenty of time yet for things to change either way. (boating lake adventure) laughinglaughinglaughing

Hope things work out for you, Mrs WN and MIL, it certainly isn't easy juggling things, we are lucky that Mum is in a good home and my sister is living close by, so there is always one of us around for Mum, my brother lives in St Albans and hasn't visited for over 2 years now yell

Thanks NTH, its not reached us yet but they say we might get a shower tomorrow, - 5c forecast for tonight and the wind is picking up. The Lecht  got snow today, so more than likely Aviemore and Glenshee will have some too. I admire your stamina, just back cleaned and planning the next trip.smile

JVB66 replied on 17/01/2019 10:25

Posted on 17/01/2019 10:25

Much colder here this morning halfway into our walk we got caught in a very heavy shower of SNOW both of us were very white it did not settle on the ground for long and it is now clear blue skies with bright sunsurprised

brue replied on 17/01/2019 10:36

Posted on 17/01/2019 10:36

Corners. My grandson will be pleased if there's snow in his new NE home! smile

I'm stuck at home now, snow or no snow, can't walk except with a hobble.

Stay warm one and all. 

Tammygirl replied on 17/01/2019 12:33

Posted on 17/01/2019 12:33

I'm stuck at home now, snow or no snow, can't walk except with a hobble.

Sorry to hear that brue, keep off it and ice it regularly.

No snow here smile its up on the hills but not down at our level. Beautiful sunny day (sorry Bakers) chilly out though.

Just had next door's cat on the window sill with a Robin in its mouth yell managed to retrieve it but its dead frown I know its the way with cats but I hate it, she's been in and been fed so no excuse. 

Went to hairdresser this morning and got cropped, oh boy did she crop  it, why do they do that. They either don't take enough off or they crop you to the wood. Still it will be easy to look after in the heat. 

Help needed - having trouble with my Samsung Tablet, I record all our trips in the S Planner, turned it on yesterday to find that the last 5 years information has all gone. All that I'm left with is 2018's info frown if anyone knows anything about these I'd be grateful for advice. We phoned the help line but trying to understand the 'gent' on the other end was a challenge in itself, at the end of everything he told us to do he came back with that should be ok now. Didn't do anything about how to restore the information, or why it did it in the first place, there is plenty of storage on the device so its not that. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook