What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Freddy55 replied on 23/02/2020 21:30

Posted on 23/02/2020 21:17 by KjellNN

When we built the house here, in 1988, we bought many roses from Crockers in Aberdeen as MIL loved roses, and was from Aberdeen.

Sadly, over the years, many have stopped flowering, so now we only have a few left.  Could be that we have not looked after them properly after MIL passed away.

Roses are quite high maintenance, here anyway.

Posted on 23/02/2020 21:30

Prune them back, they might surprise you.

Takethedogalong replied on 23/02/2020 21:35

Posted on 23/02/2020 21:35

Agree about stripey, they have to be a good one. I was given the task of looking after the Roses at Brodsworth House, I spent over two years trying to identify them as most of the labels had disappeared. But I did know that the ones put it were not dated after 1905, so this meant that most of them were what are known as Old roses things like Gallicas, Bourbons, Alba’s and Damask roses, mainly French in origin. They tend to only flower once, in one mad flush. When I started to put a few in at home, I went for some of these because they have fabulous scents. I try and make sure I do look after them, but I’ve got some nice repeat flowerers now as well. I use them as burglar deterrents as well, Climbing Albertine is better than razor wire!😂

nelliethehooker replied on 23/02/2020 21:38

Posted on 23/02/2020 20:58 by brue

Nellie, you've done really well with your travels, considering some of the weather that's been around.

I thought ADD46's rose might be a Blue Moon too. Like TDA we've got one, it's a straggly climber and hardly flowers but we usually plant one wherever we live as Mr Brue was growing one when we met (and that was straggly too!) I think they are so hybridised they can become weak, but it's such an unusual colour and has a nice scent. Ours is in a neglected back of the border spot with some stronger roses in front, I like them all but OH dislikes being "got" by thorns! wink

Posted on 23/02/2020 21:38

We've been very fortunate, brue, coming over to this side of the country. It has been wild at times and damp too but apart from a couple of Sunday's we been able to get out each day, and only had to delay moving on once due to Storm Ciara.

Freddy55 replied on 23/02/2020 21:56

Posted on 23/02/2020 21:56

I must admit, we are fair weather tourers, but all this talk of others on their travels is making me twitchysmile Whilst driving home from our daughters house, the sun came out and was a sultry 12c outside cool Can’t wait to get out there and shake off the cabin fever.

KjellNN replied on 23/02/2020 23:03

Posted on 23/02/2020 23:03

We have started booking for just before Easter, hoping to set out on 28/03, away for about 4 weeks if all goes to plan.

Van has to be serviced first, hoping all will be well. Supposed to be going to dealer tomorrow.

Have just fitted some new LED lights in kitchen and bedroom, above cupboards.

Freddy55 replied on 23/02/2020 23:13

Posted on 23/02/2020 23:03 by KjellNN

We have started booking for just before Easter, hoping to set out on 28/03, away for about 4 weeks if all goes to plan.

Van has to be serviced first, hoping all will be well. Supposed to be going to dealer tomorrow.

Have just fitted some new LED lights in kitchen and bedroom, above cupboards.

Posted on 23/02/2020 23:13

Where are you off to Kj? Weather permitting, we may well head for the CC site at Broadway, sometime in March.

KjellNN replied on 23/02/2020 23:37

Posted on 23/02/2020 23:37

First stop is CAMC Silverbank  at Banchory, to visit OH's second cousin in Aberdeen, then north to a CL Gamrie Bay.

After that possibly CCC Dingwall, then CCC Poolewe, then south possibly to Glencoe.  Decisions still to be made!

Cannot justify the cost of CAMC sites over Easter, so will be using CLs and CCC sites.........Easter in Scotland is not a peak period with the CCC, plus we get the over 60s discount

Freddy55 replied on 24/02/2020 09:24

Posted on 24/02/2020 09:24

We keep meaning to get up to Scotland. In the past, we haven’t had available midge-free time slots because of work commitments. Now we’re both retired, we have more opportunities to get away, so maybe this coming September we can make it up there. Always wanted to visit Glencoe. We too find CC sites a bit expensive as compared to CL’s, so will use them sparingly. 

Was hoping to get out for a round of golf, but yet again dashed by the rain ☚ī¸

Wherenext replied on 24/02/2020 09:52

Posted on 24/02/2020 09:52

Woke up to a layer of snow, fortunately outside the bedroom window!smile

It's not deep and it's started to thaw so the lazy morning I promised MiL coming to fruition. If it thaws out completely then we'll head out for lunch and maybe get to Ripon cathedral as MiL wants to see it. If not then Harrogate beckons. Decisions, Decisions. Coffee first though. Enjoy your day folks.

Tammygirl replied on 24/02/2020 10:42

Posted on 24/02/2020 10:42

Wet sleet here this morning, forecast right checking  MET office, other's forecasting heavy snow for our area but I think MET office is more accurate.

We are off through to Stirling midday for OH's appointment with consultant, hope the roads going through are ok, it can get a bit bad around Auchterarder. 

Most things sorted for our flight to Lanzarote on Thursday morning, clothes and wash bags laid out ready to pack. We have opted to spend the night at a hotel  through in Glasgow just in case the weather is bad.  Last thing I want is another problem with snow and getting there like year before last. 

MillieH, it must be almost time for you going to Tenerife isn't it ? I see the airports in the Canaries are now back open after their sand storm. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook