What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Francis replied on 23/05/2020 12:59

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:59

Another wet miserable windy day here today so don’t think we will be venturing out. The weather was the same yesterday so in the afternoon we went a drive of about 20 mile round trip just to get out of the house that’s the most miles the Volvo has done for almost 2 months now so it was good to give it a run out hopefully won’t be long before it is in use regularly again and we can go further afield. 

Bakers lovely pics of your new dog. We don’t have a dog ourselves but do dog sit my sisters little dog Chelsea on a regular basis. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 23/05/2020 12:59

Posted on 23/05/2020 11:42 by SteveL

Not got a dash cam but if using the sat nav the speedo readings on all three of our vehicles  are similar to yours, about 3 different. So 33 on the speedo is 30 on the sat nav. So you should be well in, as there is also some tolerance.🀞

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:59

Here(according to the police) it’s 10% +2. It could’ve changed but I’m ok at 30mphπŸ‘πŸ»

thebells replied on 23/05/2020 13:09

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:27 by Takethedogalong

First time I read LOTR, was memorable. I was at PE College, otherwise known as Wentworth Woodhouse. We used the old libraries(there are four roomsπŸ˜‚) for study and revision. Being a book worm, I was utterly blown away that many of the old books were still there, supplemented by newer reading material that underpinned a lot of the second subjects. I picked up a bound copy of The Fellowship of the Ring, and was hooked immediately. Spent lots of the cold damp Winter hours up there, comfy in an old armchair. I read The Hobbit after.

Loved the films as well, thought Peter Jackson did an amazing job on putting them onscreen. We have all the special edition DVDs that have hours of extras about the cast, the sets, the filming, etc....Ever so interesting. The bit where they filmed up the snowy mountain in New Zealand, Sean Bean loathes flying, so instead of hopping into helicopter, he walked up in most of his make up and costume!

Posted on 23/05/2020 13:09

Ditto: loved the books and also loved the films (have those same directors cut dvds).; particularly as Sean Bean was in them. I always joke to my husband that I only went out on our first date because he bears more than a passing resemblance to Sean BeanπŸ˜‚

I love all different genres of literature but the books that captured me as a youngster were the fantasy ones by Tolkien, C. S Lewis, Alan Garner and Susan Cooper. I still re read them now😊

Bakers2 replied on 23/05/2020 14:15

Posted on 23/05/2020 14:15

Despite not liking the books ir the films, OH loved the films, and still watches them with the DVD's.

On our first visit to NZ 2009 we visited Hobbiton, Matamata. Totally as it was left. We were amazed to be told that the trees were ?plum and should have been apple? So silk leaves were flown in from China and hand sewn onto the trees for authenticity and a large oak behind, not the party ground one, was discovered, nearby and shipped in for filming and it too had leaves stitched on as it was dead 😱.

Yes milliehull we did call in on our son to collect cage and other bits. We too sat in the garden for a cuppa and a stare with him. Hopefully my moderated post including the days events will appear in due course! 

Glad you managed a stare with your family πŸ˜€.

I can't believe this puppy, long may it last!, but I fear OH activity levels may not increase as hoped photos of today's activities. Still no mess in her cage and goes out to wee and poo if the door is open!

Today's activity thus morning, lunchtime, turned breezy enough for a gust to upended her bed and toys in the garden so we all took shelter! So far it's only letting me add 1 photo! Bear with me

JVB66 replied on 23/05/2020 14:28

Posted on 23/05/2020 14:28

Several of out "tips" have opened ,queues are huge according to one of this mornings dog walkers, (we still have difficulty getting the dogs to understand social distancing) 

I have recieved today recieved an email from the county council adviseing those of us with /trailer permits are not permitted with tralers yet to "ease" the congestion frown

Ps OH just "found" a text from yesterday ,from NHS hospital ,adviseing that her MRI scan that was asked for in early Feb,   is now being arranged and they will contact her very soon with a date surprised

Bakers2 replied on 23/05/2020 14:46

Posted on 23/05/2020 14:46

JVB good news on your OH scan. Fingers crossed.

We've just had big gusts of wind and enough rain to warrant getting the towels in, almost dry. Lasted a very short time not enough to wet a tissue!

ABM replied on 23/05/2020 15:01

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:01

Not sure if it's safe to post this but :--

in about a month's time { 20th June at approx 05:45 }, the Summer Solstice occurs, then the nights start drawing in again !!laughing

( And please don't confuse me with any other posters past or present please  please please innocentcool   )

JVB66 replied on 23/05/2020 15:07

Posted on 23/05/2020 14:46 by Bakers2

JVB good news on your OH scan. Fingers crossed.

We've just had big gusts of wind and enough rain to warrant getting the towels in, almost dry. Lasted a very short time not enough to wet a tissue!

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:07

It nearly rained here just before you got it, we really do need some frown

ps  great little pup ,just wait till she gets  more relaxed  and what plants did you hope to keepwink

Bakers2 replied on 23/05/2020 15:19

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:07 by JVB66

It nearly rained here just before you got it, we really do need some frown

ps  great little pup ,just wait till she gets  more relaxed  and what plants did you hope to keepwink

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:19

We're desperate for rain but a nice gentle sort please πŸ˜†

We're keeping every plant as it is.  Vigilance πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

JVB66 replied on 23/05/2020 15:20

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:19 by Bakers2

We're desperate for rain but a nice gentle sort please πŸ˜†

We're keeping every plant as it is.  Vigilance πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Posted on 23/05/2020 15:20

Eyes in back of head comes to mindcool

Rosa must be about 10 ,but it did not stop her digging a hole behind the chair is was in , when i was "in a shady nook " next to our pond (no brook) and me being a bit deaf only realised when the chair i was in took in a slope to starboardsurprised

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook