What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

milliehull replied on 19/01/2021 22:05

Posted on 19/01/2021 22:05

I went to a very dear friend's funeral this morning. She died from covid on Christmas day. I was worried that under the current restrictions it would be impersonal but it wasn't at all. It was very personal to her, lots of lovely memories. She was a very special person. Her family gave us all a bag at the end with some bulbs to plant in her memory, such a lovely thought. Also as they couldn't have a wake there was a small bottle of prosecco to toast her. The gifts are all in quarantine at the moment.

I do hope you can get a new boiler soon Bakers2. The new boiler we had fitted in the spring is a Baxi combi and we are very pleased with it. We have had combi boilers since we moved in to our house over 30 years ago. It was a godsend as we moved in with 3 teenagers who were addicted showers!

No real rain here today but a very gusty wind. The weather forecast for the next few days looks dire.

Wherenext replied on 19/01/2021 22:13

Posted on 19/01/2021 22:13

Actually went for a walk in the dry this morning. Chucked it down during the night so wasn't expecting to stay dry. Got back 90 minutes later just as the rain started up again and hasn't stopped since.

Had numerous phone calls during the day but none for any jab appointments. Had someone round to measure up the windows fkr new blinds. Windows opened, masks on etc. 10 minutes later he was out.

Went shopping this evening. Hardly anyone in there.😁

Bit of a puzzle going on. MiL moves the table mats into one pile so we can use the table to stack disinfected shopping. Last week there was 1 small placemat missing when we reassembled everything. Tonight another has gone AWOL. We (Mrs.WN and myself), have no idea what or where she has put them. We'll have to ask Robsail for a hint.😁

Good luck anyone in the flood alert areas.

ABM replied on 19/01/2021 22:35

Posted on 19/01/2021 22:35

WN, could it just be that MiL is moving the place mats round so that you'll go " Hunting The Mats " with some nice yellow dusters and / or fluffy gloves on ~~ purely to keep a couple of spiders on the run  undecided { Not saying that you have such critturs, of course  surprised }

brue replied on 20/01/2021 09:29

Posted on 20/01/2021 09:29

Hooray British Gas have repaid us £65 for not servicing the boiler,,,the problem is it still hasn't been serviced.....undecided

Metheven replied on 20/01/2021 09:52

Posted on 20/01/2021 09:52

Waiting in for a 'Smart Meter' person who is going to replace the electric and gas meters. I have delayed it for so long but the tariff I'm on is excellent and only dependent upon the installation of the Smartmeters, and really have no objection to them. Our meter enclosures are external so the risk is minimal, just that it's pouring down with rain, poor man, oops poor person laughing

Wherenext replied on 20/01/2021 11:47

Posted on 20/01/2021 11:47

Got up this morning, looked out of the window and saw rain overflowing from one of the gutters at the rear of the house. Strange as I'd cleaned the gutters out a few weeks ago. Donned full waterproofs, got ladder out and went up and had a look. Whilst there is some slight silting on the bottom there's not much by way of heavy stuff there. There is a dog leg but the part that's overflowing looks like it has sunk a little or bowed and the water is not running true.

Looks like the facia boards which the guttering is attached to is leaning away from the roof. They're over 40 years old so we'll have to get new ones I fear. Whilst up there I noticed a hole in a tile near the edge, fortunately. Had a spare tile but not getting up in this weather and made a temporary repair. Rain coming down in stairods.

Wherenext replied on 20/01/2021 11:51

Posted on 20/01/2021 11:51

Just this second had a phone call from MiLs surgery. She has a vaccine appointment for Saturday.

Other good news is that I traced one on the missing mats. She had put it in a bag we use to take waste, recyclable paper to the main sack in the garage. She swears blind that the Fairies did it.smile Obviously the other one from the week before has gone the same way. Bit worrying as she can't remember it at all.frown So we'll have to see how much "paddling" she's doing underneath her normal behaviour.

JVB66 replied on 20/01/2021 12:01

Posted on 20/01/2021 12:01

A bit windy here not much rain (so far) ,Postie must be short of work as running about 45 mins earlysurprised dropped off two letters for me and one for OH inviting us for covid jabs the two letters enclosed consent forms for our jabs this friday from local GPs and the other one for me was an invite to the national roll out if i wanted itundecided

Also the 2021 National Trust Handbook with a note adviseing that it was smaller because of the present covid situation ,so no opening times of any NT places or if cafes were open but if needed to go on line or phone for tatest updates, although all the other important information about Trust properties  were includedsurprised

brue replied on 20/01/2021 12:01

Posted on 20/01/2021 12:01

Good news about the vaccine WN and at least you've solved the "mat" mystery not so easy if someone is getting forgetful. Horrible weather here, hope everyone is ok.

KjellNN replied on 20/01/2021 13:14

Posted on 20/01/2021 11:51 by Wherenext

Just this second had a phone call from MiLs surgery. She has a vaccine appointment for Saturday.

Other good news is that I traced one on the missing mats. She had put it in a bag we use to take waste, recyclable paper to the main sack in the garage. She swears blind that the Fairies did it.smile Obviously the other one from the week before has gone the same way. Bit worrying as she can't remember it at all.frown So we'll have to see how much "paddling" she's doing underneath her normal behaviour.

Posted on 20/01/2021 13:14

That reminds me of the time our daughter's father in law lost his ( pretty expensive) phone.

He had no idea where he had left it, no idea when he last had it, so the whole house was searched without success. They rang the phone  but could not hear it ringing anywhere, so  they  concluded he must have lost it somewhere outside the house.

DD was visiting and offered to use some app or something she had on her phone which could detect a phone in the vicinity (no idea about it myself) , went round the house....nothing.  Then asked if they had checked the bins, which apparently they had not thought to do.   And there it was, out in the bin with the debris from the meal he had prepared the previous day!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook