What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

Takethedogalong replied on 10/04/2021 19:02

Posted on 10/04/2021 19:02

That’s a classic caravan steady winder Corners! Posh one with wooden handles. Back when men were men and ladies admired muscles that rippled!πŸ˜‚

πŸ€”Crikey, is that PC I ask myself.......

Anyway, my Man what Can has fixed our none working on gas fridge, so that’s hopefully 🀞ok for off hook up in Summer, awning has had a good scrub and hose down, and after a punishment hour up in attic, I have been gardening all afternoon. Just the pooch to walk and then a late meal for us. 

brue replied on 10/04/2021 19:14

Posted on 10/04/2021 19:14

Handed back visiting dog who'll be back on Monday whilst his owners have a three day break on Dartmoor. Took cardboard box round to neighbours, to pack "treasures" ahead of the house move which might take place end of May. One of them wants to pack a few things to keep busy etc but I think the family will be helping at the crucual point and we'll probably be away, possibly a good thing. Our plans to go away for an earlier short break are dependent on the second jab and no news of that yet.

OH is in the middle of constructing the Acropolis...the pergola is going up at a pace. wink

Nice to have some of the old tools CS and WN, we've got some from our families.

Enjoy your next trip WN. smile

DavidKlyne replied on 10/04/2021 19:48

Posted on 10/04/2021 18:17 by Cornersteady

Been working slowly house clearing my MIL's house over the last two days. Found some very old items. I now have a torque wrench although as it's not been used for at least 15 years I'm not sure how accurate it might be?

Also notice the high tech eco friendly drill! 

Posted on 10/04/2021 19:48

Not a drill but a Brace, gives you more torque than a drill, usually used for making larger holes than you would with a drill bit. 

SteveL replied on 10/04/2021 21:18

Posted on 10/04/2021 19:48 by DavidKlyne

Not a drill but a Brace, gives you more torque than a drill, usually used for making larger holes than you would with a drill bit. 

Posted on 10/04/2021 21:18

Indeed, last used one of those in wood work at school.πŸ˜‚  A good tool.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/04/2021 21:33

Posted on 10/04/2021 09:00 by cyberyacht

Yesterday the final bit of my Off Grid upgrades was completed. I now have 3 x100w semi flex solar panels in series feeding an Epever 3210AN controller that, according to my MT50 remote meter, is pushing 12A+ on a bright day into my 120Ah KS Energy Lithium battery. This is all providing the grunt for the NDS 1500w Inverter to supply the 700w Microwave that I fitted last autumn. I haven't bothered with a B2B charger as the alternator on my Euro 5 engine is whacking out 22 Amps to supplement the solar when driving.

I've run a 240v feed into the MH garage to charge the E-bikes. I'll be testing it all in combat next week.

Posted on 10/04/2021 21:33

I think Merve would be proud of you, CY. Well done. I hope that it all works as it should.

nelliethehooker replied on 10/04/2021 21:48

Posted on 10/04/2021 21:48

Another fine sunny day here, and as the wind had dropped not so cold either. It was so clear that not only was the Isle of Man visible but so too were the Welsh (Clwydian?) Hills.

Our next door neighbour had brought his caravan, which he's not used for about 18 months, home to clean before going away next Thursday. This inspired me to clean our car, as it was badly in need of if, and I even managed to get half of it polished too before heading off for our afternoon walk. Looking towards Lakeland it appeared to be snowing and the council must think that we are due some tonight before a frost as the gritter was out.

brue replied on 11/04/2021 07:02

Posted on 11/04/2021 07:02

Have been listening to "On your Farm" guess who was on it? Nice programme.smileπŸ‚

Frosty start to the day.

JVB66 replied on 11/04/2021 11:18

Posted on 11/04/2021 11:18

Very frosty start on this mornings walk with Rosa at 0650, not a soul out ,so OH ,wondered how we got back so quicksurprised

Have done covid flow test .took nearly as long to report results (negative) to NHS as to set up and do testundecided

caravan Batt was put on charge yesterday at 1310 ,it was still charging when looked before our walk bu was showing charged and maintaining when we got backsurprised now off charge and will check at time today to see if it is still 13,5volts

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook