What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 13/04/2021 22:04

Posted on 13/04/2021 18:54 by Wherenext

Had a super day out today.

Drove to Gregynon Hall, not far from Newtown but a bit further inland into Powys. It's changed hands a few times and the Hall isn't yet open after Covid opening but you can wander around the large estate, which we did, for a good 6-7 miles. They have a wonderful Apiary of over a Million Bees, some ponds, where we espied a Yellow arum, and open woodland where we had a good days birdwatching. Anyone in the area then it's worth a visit as you'll only be charged a car parking fee of ยฃ2.50 at the moment.

It was warm this morning with some sun but a bit cloudier in the afternoon. Back home for a shower and beer.

Still just us on site but think it's changing tomorrow.

Posted on 13/04/2021 22:04

Nice to hear of your day out WN. That's a new place for us to visit next time session that way.

Tda, pleased to hear that your OH has got his jab date and that it doesn't interfere with your trip to FM. We can definitely recommend Kirkby Hall, a fascinating building. Just watch out for the Peacocks!!

(Hopefully) OH's Final dental appointment today, we're  so all ready now for the off in the morning. Not used to being home for such a long period of time, but must admit it wasn't too much of a burden, for me at least, however we will be glad to be off on our trips again. Fingers crossed that there isn't another lockdown.

richardandros replied on 14/04/2021 06:50

Posted on 14/04/2021 06:50

Getting quite excited this morning - off with the caravan to our favourite CS just outside Malton - first time away since last September and the prospect of two weeks away and a change of scenery is wonderful!

Spent all of yesterday afternoon polishing the van - wasn't going to bother because it looked OK - but it was such a glorious sunny afternoon, it seemed criminal not to grab the opportunity.

Ros has her second jab on Saturday, but it's at Driffield hospital, so not too far for us to travel from our site.  I'm still waiting for mine - which will no doubt come whilst we still away.

Judging by what went in the van yesterday - half of Tescos - enough clothes for six months, I think Ros has achieved her goal of using up all the available payload! Meg has been getting so excited over the last few days - she just knows something is happeningsmile

brue replied on 14/04/2021 07:36

Posted on 14/04/2021 07:36

Enjoy your trips away everyone. 

I'm up early as we had planned a short day trip to the coast, unfortunately a thick fog has descended so I don't think we'll see much!

I've been checking out places for our van break, we think the call for a booster will be later rather than sooner so we'll just go off in a few days time. A couple of pubs in Devon where we might have got a take away etc aren't opening till May but a beach cafe will give me a catering break. I'm trying to plan food for a non shopping stay, so it's a different feeling to the more casual holiday. Booked a garden visit in Cornwall on our way home. More planning needed than usual! 

Takethedogalong replied on 14/04/2021 10:47

Posted on 14/04/2021 10:47

It’s a stunning morning here, wall to wall sunshine, and very warm with it. Nights are still very cold though, daren’t put my plants out. Pesky squirrels have invaded greenhouse, convinced all my neatly planted pots contain their nuts๐Ÿ˜ก Hair cut day for OH. And the pooch is scheduled for his flea treatment. I won’t mix up the two.......๐Ÿ˜‚

Which garden in Cornwall Brue?

Tammygirl replied on 14/04/2021 12:31

Posted on 14/04/2021 12:31

Beautiful day here, blue skies and not as cold as it has been, nights still below freezing so frost still in the mornings.

Been busy painting our bedroom, that's all the rooms in the house now donesmile just got the back utility room to paint but that will have to wait until its a bit warmer out there.

Food shopping this morning, bought extra as I'm going to make up some meals to take away with us. First trip is only a week so don't want to waste a moment of it shopping and cooking.

Haven't heard yet about our second jab, sister had hers on Saturday. If we were following the same pattern as the first jab we would be getting ours tomorrow. BIL gets his second this Saturday, he got his first one before my sister. Things seem to be a bit out of kilter for the second one up here. Just hope we get it before the 26th as we are going away then. 

As of Friday we can take the MH out for the day out with our region, watch the weather change ๐Ÿ˜•

Going out now to wash and hoover my car.

brue replied on 14/04/2021 13:35

Posted on 14/04/2021 13:35

You've had a productive lockdown TG! 

TDA we are hoping to do an oft repeated return visit to Trebah (booked) and Trewidden (non booked.) Last attempt ended in failure due to Covid so fingers crossed we'll get there this time round.

We managed to get down to Lyme Regis this morning, got there for 9 am, both dogs in tow, no fog on the coast. The tide was in and the sea was flat calm, beautiful morning. Not crowded but filling up gradually as we left. Had a take away coffee by the harbour and watched a gig being rowed out. Worth the early effort to get there! smile

Takethedogalong replied on 14/04/2021 14:47

Posted on 14/04/2021 14:47

Trebah๐Ÿ˜ Gorgeous place. One of our favourites. Trewidden is on our list for September. ๐Ÿ‘

ABM replied on 14/04/2021 15:54

Posted on 14/04/2021 15:54

Yah Boo Rats !!

After having had some posts on here about the sterilising of the various water tanks etc today I decided to check if the two local purveyors of such wondrous goodies were open for business. Blimey, both of them were not only open but doing what appeared to be good business as well.  Sadly none of my Covid Coin Collection  was spent today 'cos a certain well intentioned muppet left his wallet at home embarassed so it means tomorrow will see me off on another drive thro' the beautiful building site that south Cheshire is turning into  yell.  Still it means that the Dukky has had a few miles clocked up with more to come

Hope that you lot have had / are having a truly wonderful time on your trips out both actual as well as those being planned and/or organised.

Have Fun and stay safe,

South Cheshire Muppet Farmer wink

RedKite replied on 14/04/2021 16:06

Posted on 14/04/2021 16:06

brue lovely photos Lyme Regis used to be my mum's favourite place.

We are hoping to do Trebah and a return visit to the Lost garden of Heligan and will look up Trewidden as that could another place to see also in September.

Another lovely sunny day here although chilly this morning no frost and looks like next week is getting warmer, still doing kitchen cupboards and should finish them by Friday pm then onto a bit gardening next week.

DavidKlyne replied on 14/04/2021 16:27

Posted on 14/04/2021 16:27

Actually ventured into CMK today, JL, Lakeland and M&S so plenty of exercise as the shopping centre is 720 metres long. Still one of the nicest shopping centres in the country. I have obviously missed it in the last 5 months!!! Finally finish emptying the motorhome which goes in for service next week. Last year I was told off for leaving too much junk in the gas lockers, lesson learnt!!! Just got to test the water and heating now.

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook