England Cricket

ABM replied on 25/01/2019 11:10

Posted on 25/01/2019 11:10

Right  now  I'm  celebrating  the  fact  that  I  didn't  get  SKY  so  I  could  watch ( so  very  nearly  said  enjoy yell)  the  England  v West Indies  test  cricket.  After  all  the  wonderful  reports  of  how  the  team  is  building  up  into  a  World  Beating  Side  it  seems  that  it's  just  another  race  to  the  pits.  I'm  getting  the  feeling  that  watching  Sunday  football  between  a  couple  of  over age  pub  teams  will  bring  much  more  excitement  &  pleasure  until  Easter Egg  Rolling  commences  wink

ABM replied on 16/09/2020 19:04

Posted on 16/09/2020 19:04

19:00 hrs,  Aussies struggling a little at present ~~ think I'll go and enjoy my evening meal  {  Chuckle chortle howl  HAHA sealed  }

ABM replied on 16/09/2020 22:45

Posted on 16/09/2020 22:45

Buuurrrrp !!

As you said Trellis, they make a habit of it don't they ~~ flattering to deceive , like that there curates egg  sealed

Extugger replied on 17/09/2020 05:36

Posted on 17/09/2020 05:36

I don't believe it!!

There I was, sat on the sofa, feet up, brew to hand and watching Bairstow despatching Aussie bowlers to all parts of the ground. All's well  - until a comfort break. On returning I see no crikkit ont Tele, just a sign, informing me there's no satellite signal to my box! What the blazes is going on????!! Thoughts immediately turn to possible sabotage by the missus? Checks reveal this is not the case, but 3 hours later, 4 or 5 phone calls because I cannot understand the "helper" at the other end of the line, blood pressure off the scale - only to find out I need to book an engineer and the Convicts have won!

Disaster!!

Extugger replied on 17/09/2020 05:37

Posted on 17/09/2020 05:37

Content has been removed.

Extugger replied on 17/09/2020 05:38

Posted on 17/09/2020 05:38

I don't believe it!!

Duplicate post Aaaaaaaarrrggghhh!

ABM replied on 25/01/2021 23:22

Posted on 25/01/2021 23:22

well, JR , I do hope you have been enjoying the early morning alarm calls from " The Fort", Galle, Sri Lanka laughing  I've tried ever so hard to avoid rabbiting on about the wonderful exhibitions of commentary from all corners of the BBC's home territory !!

So the next lot will be from INDIA a week on Friday --  let us see if we can confuse Them as thoroughly as we confused the Sri Lankans  { well they serpently con fused A B M !!wink  }

Extugger replied on 26/01/2021 07:12

Posted on 26/01/2021 07:12

Morning Brian (I'm sure I've heard that in commentary wink)

Have now settled in at the new place and even before we arrived, the engineer was booked for installation of Sky box laughing However, my blood pressure rose a few notches when said engineer arrived, announcing "We're not allowed in t'house cos of Covid, so no drillin 'oles in t'wall. Wire as t'come thru wind-er and we'll return when Covid's gone ta fix it!"(I'm learning the Yorkshire dialect)

As it turned out my missus' suspicions were unfounded when said wire came through window which closed tightly around it, thus allaying her fears of me (and more importantly, her) watching crikkit in sub-zero temperatures!

A fascinating series indeed, especially the fourth day, yesterday and a not unexpected win. I did think 'Lankans were a tad unlucky having got Sibley 'out' 3 times, only for the umpire's call to be incorrect on each occasion. Fortune favours the brave and Specsavers have still have a sale going on.surprised

Looking forward to a much sterner test in India, as well as something decent to watch when I get 'outta ma pit,' drink an Americano and blink at the box until sun gets up.smile

Extugger replied on 04/02/2021 11:07

Posted on 04/02/2021 11:07

So Zak Crawley has fallen foul (excuse the pun) of the highly polished marble floor outside the pavillion and will miss the first two Tests. Is this  a pre-match tactic of the opposition? laughingwink

Marble outside the dressing room indeed! It's the ball which needs polishing mate, not the floor! Whatever happened to good old timber boards which your spikes used to scuff and stick to? 

Anyway, roll on 4am tomorrow.

ABM replied on 04/02/2021 16:00

Posted on 04/02/2021 16:00

Channel 4  as well as Talksport, possibly / probably with that blithering  one second time lag, so it'll seem like I am there but getting an echo yell

Not seen the area where ZC  fell  so can't be over critical of the youngster, but from JR's post it seems as if he was wearing spiked boots/shoes on a marble surface surprisedyell  none too bright I should think frown

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook