Football season so far

Coachman TESTING replied on 11/12/2020 14:14

Posted on 11/12/2020 14:14

How is everyone finding the football season and crowds in tiers?

scoutman replied on 12/12/2020 10:54

Posted on 12/12/2020 10:54

What football season? Here in Wales only Tier 1 clubs (Welsh Premier League) have been able to play, without crowds. This weekend Tier 2 clubs may start ,again no crowds . Latest thoughts of the FAW is that Tier 3 may possibly start end of January. As far as local leagues and recreational football is concerned no chance. My fear is that many of these grassroots club will disappear, probably for ever. So enjoy what football you have now elsewhere, especially at non-league level. There's always next season to look forward to??????

ABM replied on 12/12/2020 23:05

Posted on 12/12/2020 23:05

t'Alex are holding their own in Divn 1  mid-table that's all we can ask for, altho' did see two of my neighbours on telebox tonight when t'Alex knocked a couple in --  jumping up and down and waving, but I think they might have spilled their coffee tho'  wink

Coachman TESTING replied on 04/02/2021 16:15

Posted on 04/02/2021 16:15

Well we are 3 points of play offs (again) close enough to have a push and have a crack!

ABM replied on 09/02/2021 23:05

Posted on 09/02/2021 23:05

Saw part of the kids game @ Old Trafford tonight -- falling asleep I dropped the control which switched to red button somehow and behold another rather good indoor ATHLETICS MEETING  !!  Now how did that sneak past Quality Control @ chez ABM 

scoutman replied on 11/03/2021 10:50

Posted on 11/03/2021 10:50

This Saturday marks the 12 mth anniversary of our last league game a 2-1 away victory. Despite hopes and dreams Covid and Welsh Government restrictions has ended any chance of us playing now until next season. Only 2 pre-season friendly matches and a few Covid secure training sessions have been possible. This is despite £000's spent out on affiliation fees, league and cup entry fees and player registrations.(told these will be held over to next season). It's not easy running a semi-pro team in Wales at the moment. Grassroots football devastated, how many will restart? Good luck to those of you who have some football to support, if only from home.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook