Football season so far

Coachman TESTING replied on 11/12/2020 14:14

Posted on 11/12/2020 14:14

How is everyone finding the football season and crowds in tiers?

ABM replied on 11/03/2021 11:12

Posted on 11/03/2021 11:12

Don't Worry or Fret about the monies your club has spent, Scoutman ~~ Just be thankful that you are not competitive downhill skiers, 'cos apparently according to a daily newsrag, the Individual skiers are being charged something over £30K by the British Skiing organisation  just to be allowed on the snow.  If they do not cough up quickly enough then they are not permitted to take any part in the competitions.  Now I know only too well that us hammerchewer footballers had club subs to pay { for many years I was a club treasurer, well that's what it said on the paperwork money-mouth } but it only amounted to 50p/£1 per week  and they had to wash their own kit  wink

scoutman replied on 11/03/2021 12:33

Posted on 11/03/2021 11:12 by ABM

Don't Worry or Fret about the monies your club has spent, Scoutman ~~ Just be thankful that you are not competitive downhill skiers, 'cos apparently according to a daily newsrag, the Individual skiers are being charged something over £30K by the British Skiing organisation  just to be allowed on the snow.  If they do not cough up quickly enough then they are not permitted to take any part in the competitions.  Now I know only too well that us hammerchewer footballers had club subs to pay { for many years I was a club treasurer, well that's what it said on the paperwork money-mouth } but it only amounted to 50p/£1 per week  and they had to wash their own kit  wink

Posted on 11/03/2021 12:33

If only it was still 50p/£1 per week now! Before a ball is kicked there's FAW & County FA affiliations, various League entry fees 1st team, reserves, U18's etc. Welsh Cup, FAW Amateur Cup, player registration and insurance payments. Then there is the annual ground grading/Tier standard inspection payments. All this with the background of no income from Clubhouse/bar, loss of income from weekly lottery/sponsors. No it's not easy at all. But we will get through it.

ABM replied on 09/02/2022 21:48

Posted on 09/02/2022 21:48

Now, now just you behave, Womble 5T  !!  I see quite enuff pushing & shuving in and around the penalty spot never mind the turnstiles  innocent

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook