Grand Prix Season stops before it starts!

DavidKlyne replied on 12/03/2020 16:24

Posted on 12/03/2020 16:24

Looks as if the Australian GP has been postponed after someone form the McLaren team tested positive for the Corona Virus. There is serious doubt about the next two races as well. Given that the F1 promoters are trying to cram in more and more races there is nowhere to move them to! 

David

JVB66 replied on 08/12/2020 09:29

Posted on 08/12/2020 09:29

I do not follow the GP circus, looking at new reports it seems he was useing Hamiltons car although not made to fit him and he had to get used to some of the "features?" ,but it still was in the lead from the start and apart from a cock up? in the pits and a puncture?  may well have won the tace 

So is it the driver? or the car that is so good?

LLM replied on 08/12/2020 09:46

Posted on 08/12/2020 09:46

I think both and let's face it Russell is good.  Do contrast it with Bottas. Same car and very quick in practices and qualifications but he doesn't appear to have that edge and hunger when it comes to the race and jousting.  

DavidKlyne replied on 08/12/2020 10:10

Posted on 08/12/2020 10:10

When George was being interviewed after the race on Channel 4 it was interesting what he said about the car which was basically that it just felt right in all aspects. Now obviously Mercedes have a done a good job but perhaps we shouldn't overlook the contribution the driver makes to how the car works and its development, in this case Lewis so I suspect it's not just the car. Clearly it is superior to many on the track. You only have to look at the Red Bull car. It has never had the most powerful engine but clever design and drivers able to exploit that have often achieved remarkable results probably the reason Mercedes are very reluctant to consider letting Red Bull using their engines!!!

David

Whittakerr replied on 08/02/2021 15:08

Posted on 08/02/2021 15:08

I see Lewis has signed a new 1 year contract with Mercedes. Good for both parties. I for one hopes he can win the title and beat Schumachers 7 titles. 

Whittakerr replied on 09/02/2021 10:52

Posted on 09/02/2021 10:41 by cyberyacht

One year? Would that suggest he is thinking about moving on to something different then?

Posted on 09/02/2021 10:52

Probably waiting to see what Toto does, and who might replace Toto.

DavidKlyne replied on 09/02/2021 11:54

Posted on 09/02/2021 11:54

Worth pointing out that Lewis Hamilton is in his late thirties and I expect his only motivation in F1 is to get that eighth title? In 2022 there will be changes to the regulations and that is always unpredictable in how it impacts on the various teams. So with that in mind, if successful, you could see Lewis retire from racing. The same thought might be in Toto's mind as well. F1 has a punishing worldwide schedule and it gets to everyone in the end. My youngest son did it back in the Jaguar days, and early days of Red Bull as part of their IT crew, he doesn't miss it. He still works long hours at the factory but at least he can drive home after work!!!

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook