How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 21/11/2021 19:27

Posted on 21/11/2021 19:27

Those were the days when I paid 1 old shilling to get in at the schoolboy’s gate, I can’t remember the price of a programme though 

Anyhoo against the odds the Terriers dug out a win yesterday against the high flying Baggies. Fair play to their travelling fans they sold out their part of the South stand, and I haven’t seen that many coaches since we set off to Wemberlee in 2017. I said to a bobby on the way out that’s a lot of coaches and he said yes there’s 17, I said I know I’ve counted them. How sad am I?

QPR away on Wednesday UTT.

ABM replied on 22/11/2021 22:39

Posted on 22/11/2021 22:39

Having heard the news from the Trampolining Championships today, I wonder if t'Alex have thought of bringing the local lass, Bryony Page, in to help ~~ well she is very good at organising Back Flips, somersaults and similar ~~  Lord knows they need somebody flexible right now !!

papgeno replied on 23/11/2021 16:16

Posted on 23/11/2021 16:16

It could be a very bad case of second season syndrome.

When the Terriers got it in their second season in the greedy league it proved to be incurable 😩

Fingers crossed for tomorrow night’s match, Loftus Road has been a happy hunting ground recently, that’s probably jinxed it!

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 28/11/2021 18:06

Posted on 28/11/2021 18:06

Ah, well as the scientists used to say,  T'was expected to be honest, but to visit the Ipswich midden & concede the first goal within three (3) minutes really spoiled my afternoon 'snow fall watching '  still it seems that our very young side competed manfully ( ?? youthfully ?? ) through the second half and could have nicked  a point but over 90 minutes that would have been  ruff, ruff, ruff, on Ipswich .

{ All right, I know  ~~  Must be barking  wink  }

papgeno replied on 29/11/2021 14:19

Posted on 29/11/2021 14:19

The “ new manager bounce” bit Town on the backside on Saturday. Wilder’s first win was always going to be at the JSS. Mind you the fixture list hasn’t been kind to us this week. We played the Baggies on the Saturday and then had to travel to that London to play QPR on Wednesday they had played on the Friday thus having an extra day to recover. We then played Borough on Saturday when they had played on the Tuesday thus having an extra day to recover.
I watched a fascinating piece during the week about the conditioning and recovery for footballers. Apparently the ideal recovery time following a match is 72 hours you don’t need A level maths to see how Town were up against it this weekend.

On to the tip that is Oakwell on Saturday to play yet another team with a new manager, and Oakwell has always been a bit of a graveyard in recent years. I’m preparing for the worst😒

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 01/12/2021 22:34

Posted on 01/12/2021 22:34

surprised<~~~~~>laughing<~~~~~>smile

Crewe Alex 2  Doncaster Rovers 0 

I have heard plenty of sirens   --  Could be the Fraud Squad arriving Mob Handed  wink

ABM replied on 04/12/2021 22:16

Posted on 04/12/2021 22:16

Roger , I have not been following much on the BBC Local / Red Button News recently, but  I seen a certain name is back in the news again, alas. More publicity I am afraid -- like Covid he might leave a terrible stain before he is finished.

B

papgeno replied on 10/12/2021 19:30

Posted on 04/12/2021 22:16 by ABM

Roger , I have not been following much on the BBC Local / Red Button News recently, but  I seen a certain name is back in the news again, alas. More publicity I am afraid -- like Covid he might leave a terrible stain before he is finished.

B

Posted on 10/12/2021 19:30

Brian, although I consider myself fairly decent at cryptic crosswords ,( I have a daily struggle with the Times version and sometimes win, )I’m afraid you’ll have to be a bit more specific because I know not of whom you speak .

papgeno replied on 11/12/2021 15:31

Posted on 11/12/2021 15:31

Just in from the early kick off and two more points thrown away. They did the same last week. That’s 9 points lost from a winning position in the last five matches.

Fair play to Coventry they looked by far the better team. But I’m puzzled. I thought if you head butted someone it was an automatic red card. Today’s referee clearly doesn’t agree. The Blues number 6 stuck the head on our smallest player and the ref only showed him yellow. To add insult to injury he also booked the player who’d been on the receiving end of said butt. Unbelievable Jeff!

Anyhoo it’s down to the Brizzles next Saturday. Ashton Gate is another ground where we never do owt.

UTT Rog

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook