How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

ABM replied on 08/02/2021 22:18

Posted on 08/02/2021 22:18

Have to say Moulesy that Barton has some talents as a coach, but never a Man-Manager -- Don't think he can 'manage ' himself a lot of the time .  Great Shame, he could have a lot to offer,  but , , , , , , 

moulesy replied on 10/02/2021 16:16

Posted on 10/02/2021 16:16

And another one bites the dust! frown

Mr "good performance just lacking in the final third" Tisdale is no more!

I said this time last year, just after Graham Coughlan decided to further his career with ... er ... the mighty Mansfield Town that neither Tisdale or Cotterell were the right men for the job, but was prepared to give him a chance with a young squad this time round. 

What a mess those at the helmet of The Gas have made of things, so many lost opportunities and who would want to take the job on now? yell

ABM replied on 10/02/2021 19:55

Posted on 10/02/2021 19:55

'Undreds of 'em, Moulesy, but whether they can pass the tests of a " Fit and Proper Person " in the Chairman's eyes I cannot say wink.

Whatever I can only wish you good luck - just don't invite me !!

moulesy replied on 10/02/2021 20:08

Posted on 10/02/2021 20:08

Whisper it - Barton has been mentioned as a possibility - along with several others recently deemed surplus to requirements by other clubs. 

Tony Pulis has connections with the club but would be a risk and probably out of their reach finance wise. Paul Cook and Nigel Adkins weren't considered last time. 

If fans were allowed in Ian Holloway would be the obvious choice to get everyone motivated.

But they can't afford to make another mistake so I suspect Tommy Widdrington will take on the job temporarily.

Wonder if Eddie Howe fancies a new challenge?  wink

ABM replied on 10/02/2021 20:18

Posted on 10/02/2021 20:18

Not a Clue there , M, Lad ~~ too many sleeps to come ! wink

And I'm likely to start another sleep before full time -- the Sheffield - Bristol match should be bottled for sale / donation to insomniacs , indeed it's no livelier than United's match yesterday

P.S.  Surely you don't mean Doncaster ?? 

ABM replied on 10/02/2021 20:29

Posted on 10/02/2021 20:29

P.P.S.

Just keep your eyes off Mr Artell in any circumstances, we have only got half way thro' breaking him in  !!  wink

moulesy replied on 10/02/2021 20:36

Posted on 10/02/2021 20:36

I've just seen Keith Curle has been sacked by Northampton - another with Rovers connections!  And less than a year after getting them promoted! yell

ABM replied on 10/02/2021 20:49

Posted on 10/02/2021 20:49

undecided Brian wonders if there is a Merry go Round where unemployed Managers { both sealedSacked and Wanna-be's  } can get under cover in these hard times whilst waiting for the next application of The Big Hook in their favour  ??

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook