Tour de France

DSB replied on 03/07/2019 11:28

Posted on 03/07/2019 11:28

I don't have a great interest in sport, generally, but I do like to watch the Tour de France - not just for the sport, but for the chance to spot some of the places we have visited in France by looking at the TV coverage.

The Tour starts again this coming weekend.  If you want to know where the tour will take us this year, I'm sure there are various sources.....

Here is the one on Wikipedia...

HERE

and the official one....

https://www.letour.fr/en/stage-1

Happy viewing....

David

Pliers replied on 31/08/2020 20:09

Posted on 31/08/2020 20:09

And on to 2020!
Just been watching the highlights of today’s stage, what beautiful scenery, wish we were there.

One thing really noticeable was the lack of motorhomes lining the route, not sure if they have been discouraged because of the virus outbreak, or if people have just decided to give it a miss this year. 

Does anyone  know?

🚴‍♂️🚴🏿🚴🏿

SteveL replied on 31/08/2020 21:50

Posted on 31/08/2020 21:50

BinL and sister live in the Provence. He says that You are not supposed to park along the route. Hence the lack of cars parked up at the side and presumably MH's. Parking is allowed away from the route, presumably anyone following it would walk in from there. I have noticed odd ones that have slipped though. No idea if there are any sanctions for doing so.

Pliers replied on 02/11/2020 16:07

Posted on 02/11/2020 16:07

Just seen the 2021 route for Le Tour. 
We’ve a “carried forward” Brittany Ferries booking for June / July next year, but, tempting as it is, I’m resisting the urge to get the maps out. 🙂

https://www.letour.fr/en/landing-page

Wherenext replied on 02/11/2020 20:28

Posted on 02/11/2020 20:28

I can recommend the site at Malaucene, the finishing line for a stage coming off Mont Ventoux,. Site about 400 yards from town. As an aside Pygmy Owls nest in the trees behind the site.smile

Also the site Camping de Bergons at Luz St.Sauveur, on the start of the climb up Col du Tourmalet, or down. Lammergeiers not far away.smile

See how I'm trying to entice you?

ABM replied on 26/06/2021 16:17

Posted on 02/11/2020 16:07 by Pliers

Just seen the 2021 route for Le Tour. 
We’ve a “carried forward” Brittany Ferries booking for June / July next year, but, tempting as it is, I’m resisting the urge to get the maps out. 🙂

https://www.letour.fr/en/landing-page

Posted on 26/06/2021 16:17

Shame there Pliers,  I'm seeing oodles of M-Homes on the First Day Of T D F 2021  !!

Also saw a rather demented woman holding a three foot wide cardboard hand-written notice and facing the Camera and as a result bringing half the Peloton to a ghaaarrstly grinding pile-up on a very narrow country road.

nelliethehooker replied on 26/06/2021 22:03

Posted on 26/06/2021 16:17 by ABM

Shame there Pliers,  I'm seeing oodles of M-Homes on the First Day Of T D F 2021  !!

Also saw a rather demented woman holding a three foot wide cardboard hand-written notice and facing the Camera and as a result bringing half the Peloton to a ghaaarrstly grinding pile-up on a very narrow country road.

Posted on 26/06/2021 22:03

Was it actually a woman, or just a badly dressed guy? Not being able to read French I couldn't work out what he/she was protesting about, or supporting!

It certainly made for an interesting race to say the least and a very worthy winner. Wonder how many days he will retain the Yellow Jersey for this year?I

Thankfully GT avoided both the crashes, as he is prone to hitting the dirt on too many occasions.

ABM replied on 27/06/2021 17:04

Posted on 27/06/2021 17:04

Must admit I did not check the Sunday papers for verification, Nellie, but I don't think many blokes dress That poorly  undecided Not even that young scamp ABM !! Spent today Watching Athletics Championships & Olympic Trials  ~~ for the participants point of view I hope they go ahead after all their graft, but I'm none too keen on those who refuse the Jab being allowed in.

It's purely MY point of view but  , , , , , , , , ,  so now a bit of paperwork and then a non~Cornish  thingummy wotsit  innocent

ABM replied on 27/06/2021 22:40

Posted on 26/06/2021 22:03 by nelliethehooker

Was it actually a woman, or just a badly dressed guy? Not being able to read French I couldn't work out what he/she was protesting about, or supporting!

It certainly made for an interesting race to say the least and a very worthy winner. Wonder how many days he will retain the Yellow Jersey for this year?I

Thankfully GT avoided both the crashes, as he is prone to hitting the dirt on too many occasions.

Posted on 27/06/2021 22:40

Did manage to find out the details, Nellie  !  Apparently the woman, for such it truly was, had written on cardboard a greeting for her Grandparents !!  Relevant authorities in France are now looking for her quite seriously I understand with intent to bring charges !!  Don't think that the Elderly Ones will spill the beans tho  sealed

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook