What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Wherenext replied on 30/11/2019 16:39

Posted on 30/11/2019 16:39

Our neighbour has a very small hole in the facia board above his kitchen which serves as a nest box in summer for Blue Tits. I recently saw 3 of the little darlings disappear into it whilst I was cooking one early evening. Not sure how many were already there or how many joined them but it was cold that night.

I do wonder how your little one is going to attract a mate BM. Not many other Punk BTs around.

Bluemalaga replied on 30/11/2019 17:00

Posted on 30/11/2019 16:39 by Wherenext

Our neighbour has a very small hole in the facia board above his kitchen which serves as a nest box in summer for Blue Tits. I recently saw 3 of the little darlings disappear into it whilst I was cooking one early evening. Not sure how many were already there or how many joined them but it was cold that night.

I do wonder how your little one is going to attract a mate BM. Not many other Punk BTs around.

Posted on 30/11/2019 17:00

If it gets through the winter, anything would be possible, and it would deserve a mate.

Not sure how this internest dating works, but something like.

Open minded bird wanted, looks unimportant but a sense of humour essential. 

greylag replied on 03/12/2019 13:05

Posted on 03/12/2019 13:05

Bm....we do have a Blue tit that sleeps in our box all winter. 

Having a camera installed is the only way we know.

Never more than the single bird.

Bluemalaga replied on 03/12/2019 20:08

Posted on 03/12/2019 13:05 by greylag

Bm....we do have a Blue tit that sleeps in our box all winter. 

Having a camera installed is the only way we know.

Never more than the single bird.

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:08

Thanks GL might give that a try after this winter, how effective are they in the darkness of the box? 

There was a Blue Tit that roosted under and inside our security light, wondering if this is the cause of this little ones problem.

RedKite replied on 07/12/2019 21:09

Posted on 07/12/2019 21:09

Butterfly looking for a spot to hibernate Triky.  Have seen about 40 redwings flying over Cheddar club site today but the most birds flying every day are seagulls from the coast and back to the coast not to keen on them also had a wren flying around small river next to the site.

greylag replied on 08/12/2019 15:16

Posted on 03/12/2019 20:08 by Bluemalaga

Thanks GL might give that a try after this winter, how effective are they in the darkness of the box? 

There was a Blue Tit that roosted under and inside our security light, wondering if this is the cause of this little ones problem.

Posted on 08/12/2019 15:16

Considering it is pitch black inside the box, the picture is surprisingly good.   You can see the young birds quite clearly....I imagine if you bought a better camera than the one I have, the picture would be even better.

ABM replied on 08/12/2019 22:39

Posted on 08/12/2019 22:39

Some of the Chips fitted to  these modern security / nest box cameras and the pictures they produce would make my old Pappy with his quarter plate brass & mahogany jobbie go purple with rage & jealousy !!  Having said that, I still reckon get the best you can afford, but don't bankrupt the Christmas Fund wink

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook