What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

Wherenext replied on 25/09/2019 19:35

Posted on 25/09/2019 19:35

Good day spent at Gibraltar Point NR. Saw a couple of Spoonbills flying over, and numerous Waders, including Greenshanks and Spotted Redshanks. 2 lovely Grey Wagtails on the river and a juv Wheatear.

Just had a skein of Pink Feet fly over the caravan en route to their roosting area.

Wherenext replied on 26/09/2019 16:41

Posted on 26/09/2019 16:41

Another good afternoon bird watching, this time at Frampton Marsh.

Saw a new bird for us, an American Golden Plover plus another rarity that we come across occasionally, a Pectoral Sandpiper. Plenty of other birds around to keep us happy plus the benefit of a good walk.

Wherenext replied on 26/09/2019 21:38

Posted on 26/09/2019 20:44 by nelliethehooker

Good spotting there, WN. Somewhere for us to visit next time we're over that  way.

Posted on 26/09/2019 21:38

You can walk around the outside of the reserve with Flyte and still get good views of the scrapes and marshes especially from the dykes and both Freiston and Gibraltar Point are the same. As long as you keep to the FPs you'll get good walking and birdwatching in.

Wherenext replied on 27/09/2019 19:35

Posted on 27/09/2019 19:35

A good afternoons visit to Titchwell Reserve. Saw plenty to keep us amused.

Curlew Sandpiper, Little Stint, Red Throated Diver and Common Scoters among others. Plus some very interesting Solitary Bees (How do they mate?smile)

Wherenext replied on 30/09/2019 19:24

Posted on 30/09/2019 19:24

A great mornings birding at Snettisham watching thousands of waders wheeling away over the Wash and settling onto islands around the reserve. Has to be seen (and heard) to be believed. The best sight we had was watching a flock of about 80 Curlew flying back onto the Wash as the tide ebbed. They took us by surprise flying in silently over our heads. 

Later in the afternoon we were accompanied along the cliffs at Hunstanton by a Peregrine.

Pliers replied on 03/10/2019 17:57

Posted on 03/10/2019 17:57

Just back from a day at Leighton Moss. Very wet underfoot, in fact most of the paths were under a few inches of water.

We saw a mole in the lower branches of a large tree. Assume it’s underground tunnels must have been flooded, hope it survives the night.

I’ve never seen anything like this before, took a photo with my phone, but it’s pretty poor when downsized.

Bluemalaga replied on 03/10/2019 20:52

Posted on 03/10/2019 17:57 by Pliers

Just back from a day at Leighton Moss. Very wet underfoot, in fact most of the paths were under a few inches of water.

We saw a mole in the lower branches of a large tree. Assume it’s underground tunnels must have been flooded, hope it survives the night.

I’ve never seen anything like this before, took a photo with my phone, but it’s pretty poor when downsized.

Posted on 03/10/2019 20:52

Not seen one myself Pliers, well spotted and thanks for sharing.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook