“Rule of 6” and shooting

mickysf replied on 27/01/2021 11:26

Posted on 27/01/2021 11:26

I think this is the latest 'guidance', I may be wrong!

Updated Thursday 7th Jan 2021

BREAKING NEWS: IN ENGLAND WILDFOWLING, DEER STALKING AND ROUGH SHOOTING CAN CONTINUE AS PART OF YOUR DAILY EXERCISE IF IT CONFORMS TO CERTAIN CONDITIONS.

BASC has issued the following advice after the government clarified the guidance:
In light of the government providing greater clarity on its Covid-19 guidance and regulations, BASC is advising that outdoor shooting activities as a form of exercise are permissible once per day in England during the national lockdown.
You should only travel locally to shoot which is to “stay local in the village, town, or part of the city where you live” as defined in government guidance.

Essential journey? Allowed in your local village, town or part of your city for exercise purposes? Exercise? I liken that to taking the 4x4 to the end of your street and walking the last hundred yards to the pub and raising my right arm and exercising my throat muscles repeated. Hey, just a minute, they have stopped me doing that! Please tell me I've got this all wrong!

mickysf replied on 27/01/2021 11:53

Posted on 27/01/2021 11:53

Can't even 'exercise' in the beer garden now! I'm getting grumpier about the injustice and stupidity of it all now. I don't mind getting grumpier if we are all in it together, mind. We need to be!

brue replied on 27/01/2021 12:32

Posted on 27/01/2021 12:32

The only noise which goes bang locally is a distant bird scarer, the fortnightly clay pigeon club isn't gathering. we don't have any big estates near us that need "managing" but some do no doubt. Solitary river fishing can still continue (the fish go back in.) The paths are getting worn out with walkers, some of them are damaging the surrounding areas LINK to BBC Dartmoor...I could go on. wink

edit pheasant shooting season ends this month.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 27/01/2021 13:03

Posted on 27/01/2021 12:32 by brue

The only noise which goes bang locally is a distant bird scarer, the fortnightly clay pigeon club isn't gathering. we don't have any big estates near us that need "managing" but some do no doubt. Solitary river fishing can still continue (the fish go back in.) The paths are getting worn out with walkers, some of them are damaging the surrounding areas LINK to BBC Dartmoor...I could go on. wink

edit pheasant shooting season ends this month.

Posted on 27/01/2021 13:03

I wish it was the same here🤷🏻‍♂️☹️. I’m surrounded by woods & copse, seemingly most are shot over. Most Sat/Sun mid morning to mid afternoon guns blazing away. I choose to live here so I accept it. . .Grudgingly mind.

richardandros replied on 27/01/2021 15:04

Posted on 16/09/2020 17:42 by Pliers

Posted on 27/01/2021 15:04

Not quite true - latest guidance from Countryside Alliance is:

"You should stay local to the village, town, or part of the city where you live, to shoot, as defined in Government guidance.
When shooting, you should only meet with people with whom you live, your support bubble, or when on your own, with one person from another household...........
Driven game shooting or other group shooting activities are unlikely to comply with the above requirements, and unless they do, must not take place."

JVB66 replied on 27/01/2021 15:28

Posted on 27/01/2021 15:28

We are having problems with Horse riders using footpaths instead of the  many now torn up bridleways(there over use since last year) and some of the paths now used by horses are in a terrible state although ,according to the person in charge at the LA how do we know its horses that are causing the damage? which when advised a Half ton+ horse and rider against a pedestrian is really not a comparison with damage caused  , but the paths cannot be inspected because of guess what? the covid card is brought outundecided

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook