Snowdrops

Eeyoresdad replied on 07/02/2018 13:38

Posted on 07/02/2018 13:38

How is everyone doing for snowdrops in your area? Been round my local area - Astley Park in Chorley Lancs - and this years display is woeful, compared to previous years. The big display areas, normally a blanket of white are very sparse. Still worth visiting but not a patch on what they can be. Blame the weather?

Eeyoresdad replied on 10/02/2018 11:28

Posted on 10/02/2018 11:28

Thank you for birthday wishes. Sadly, although we got to St Annes, the rain was so bad we just did a bit of necessary shopping, a short walk along the front to give Timmy (our dog) a trot, then chilled out in Eeyore (our van, Wildax Solaris) Did not fancy a very wet walk through the woods at Lytham Hall. Good birthday tea with friends though.

brue replied on 10/02/2018 15:48

Posted on 10/02/2018 15:48

Years ago when our family lived in a place devoid of snowdrops I used to love a little box arriving at this time of year from my grandfather in N Wales. The box contained a few fresh snow drops laid on moss. smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook