The Ospreys are back !!

ABM replied on 01/04/2015 16:52

Posted on 01/04/2015 16:52

April  starts  the  season  of  'Osprey  hunting'    for  me .

So  off  to  RSPB  Loch  Garten,  on-line  of  course,  and  the  sites  up, just  about,  but  no  Ospreys  as  yet.

So  over  to  Scottish  Wildlife Trusts  "Loch  of  The  Lowes"  Website  and,  and    Surprised  not  one  but  two  Ospreys  &  mating  in  full  view  of  the  cameras  !  Its  not  the  aged  "Lady"  but  a  new  female  now  in  residence,  so  we'll  have  to  see  if  the  old  girl  turns  up  at  all.  Well  she  is  believed  to  be  in  the  high  twenties  now,  darn  near  Geriatric  as  far  as  Ospreys  go !  I  understand  Rutland  has  a  number  of  arrivals   so  I  must  keep  watching  Loch  Garten  for  more  tales  of  Bad Bird  Behaviour  !!

RedKite replied on 08/10/2021 18:54

Posted on 08/10/2021 18:54

Saw a Osprey flying over the Brenne today near one of the larger lakes so making its way south.

ABM replied on 08/10/2021 20:34

Posted on 08/10/2021 20:34

At this time of year, Red Kite, I'm more inclined to be seeing a leucistic sparrow regularly on the feeders, or even a Christmas robin trying his Santa hat out before THE DAY innocent

nelliethehooker replied on 02/02/2022 20:53

Posted on 02/02/2022 20:30 by mickysf

Fabulous news, Bon voyage, 437 Elsin, hope your journey North is a happy one. See you at Keilder in a few weeks time unless of course you decided to wait a season or two!

Posted on 02/02/2022 20:53

I'd be surprised if Elsin returns this year, as it seems that the youngsters like to take a year out before returning to the home roosting region, but one never knows. It would be great to see him back in this country again whenever he decides to return.

ABM replied on 08/02/2022 21:57

Posted on 08/02/2022 21:57

Thanks , Nellie  --  even better than Oneputt's video of a Case Traction engine breaking ploughing  records in the good ole U S of A last night.~~  you good folk really do know how to send Brian to bed Happy for which I give you my very best THANK YOUs  kiss

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  !!

nelliethehooker replied on 01/03/2022 20:07

Posted on 01/03/2022 20:07

A couple of updates on British Ospreys spotted recently, prior to their return to the country, hopefully.

Rutland Osprey Project

Some fantastic news from the team! 30(05)  has been sighted in her wintering grounds along the coast near Diourmel, Senegal.

Keilder Ospreys

Today, Feb 23rd at Nianing Lagoon in Senegal, which is south of the capital Dakar, he saw Blue 432/Eshells, the oldest of three on Nest 6 in 2021

Wherenext replied on 03/03/2022 20:20

Posted on 03/03/2022 20:20

Talking to someone at Welney Wetlands today and they said that they saw an Osprey at Holkham Hall on Tuesday, 1st.March. Apparently at least 4 people in a group saw it so looks like a very early arrival.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook