What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

mickysf replied on 14/05/2022 07:36

Posted on 12/05/2022 19:29 by mickysf

Once went looking for Golden Orioles in UK where some had been reported, fruitless unfortunately but their song is really delightful. Reminds me of the jungle where I did see some of their close relatives.

Saw some beautiful cranes though, not so melodic but a haunting call nevertheless!! Might see some success this year with our white storks, mind!

Posted on 14/05/2022 07:36

Golden Orioles have been spotted in Sussex this morning, don’t know the exact location mind but have my suspicions. I’m at the other end of the country but maybe someone might be lucky. Keep your eyes open and ears pinned back if near a stand of poplar trees.

Pliers replied on 14/05/2022 16:08

Posted on 13/05/2022 17:44 by neveramsure

Don’t know if they are upmarket boxes but I have been very lucky to have two nesting pairs of blue tits this yearlaughing. One box in the front garden and the other in the rear garden, both of which now have six chicks. I really made the effort during lock-down to provide nest boxes in better locations and installed a camera in each one, both linked to a NVR (network video recorder). I get alerts on my phone when there is movement in the boxes and at the moment it is going mental.smile

Here are a couple of recent pics of the nests and one pic of a wren that entered the nest one evening when the nest was only half built.

Posted on 14/05/2022 16:08

Love these photos 🙂. 
Please post some more as the chicks grow. 

Tinwheeler replied on 14/05/2022 17:53

Posted on 13/05/2022 17:44 by neveramsure

Don’t know if they are upmarket boxes but I have been very lucky to have two nesting pairs of blue tits this yearlaughing. One box in the front garden and the other in the rear garden, both of which now have six chicks. I really made the effort during lock-down to provide nest boxes in better locations and installed a camera in each one, both linked to a NVR (network video recorder). I get alerts on my phone when there is movement in the boxes and at the moment it is going mental.smile

Here are a couple of recent pics of the nests and one pic of a wren that entered the nest one evening when the nest was only half built.

Posted on 14/05/2022 17:53

Fabulous, Nevers👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Takethedogalong replied on 14/05/2022 19:05

Posted on 14/05/2022 19:05

Brilliant photos Nevers👏👏

Last two days have given us Red Kites, Wild Goats and a Marsh Harrier. Today was……..a sturgeon😲 In the big pond at Logan Botanic Garden, along with some huge carp. Also, newts. I like newts👍 Not in the same pond as the carp thankfully.

Wherenext replied on 14/05/2022 19:21

Posted on 14/05/2022 19:21

Had a day out on the bike today but regular stops for bird spotting, amongst other things.

Best spot of the day was a Honey Buzzard and plenty of the type of birds you would expect to see in meadow and farmland like Yellow Wagtails and plenty of White Storks and a stunning Redstart.  Some of the meadows were gorgeous with flowering Ragged Robin and there was a lovely Swallowtail butterfly. 

neveramsure replied on 14/05/2022 22:02

Posted on 14/05/2022 19:05 by Takethedogalong

Brilliant photos Nevers👏👏

Last two days have given us Red Kites, Wild Goats and a Marsh Harrier. Today was……..a sturgeon😲 In the big pond at Logan Botanic Garden, along with some huge carp. Also, newts. I like newts👍 Not in the same pond as the carp thankfully.

Posted on 14/05/2022 22:02

TDA it’s years since OH and I visited Logan Botanic Gardens, we were going to stay in that area later this year but OH is waiting for an op that was cancelled due to the Covid outbreak 2 years ago.yell

By the way, just in case we do go are the gardens dog friendly?

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 14/05/2022 23:26

Posted on 14/05/2022 22:02 by neveramsure

TDA it’s years since OH and I visited Logan Botanic Gardens, we were going to stay in that area later this year but OH is waiting for an op that was cancelled due to the Covid outbreak 2 years ago.yell

Posted on 14/05/2022 23:26

They’ve got the biggest darn Rhubarb I’ve ever seen Nevs😱, huge it is😊

neveramsure replied on 15/05/2022 08:47

Posted on 14/05/2022 23:26 by Rocky 2 buckets

They’ve got the biggest darn Rhubarb I’ve ever seen Nevs😱, huge it is😊

Posted on 15/05/2022 08:47

laughinglaughingHa Ha, nice one R2B, those Gunnera sure do grow very big.laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 15/05/2022 08:49

Posted on 14/05/2022 22:02 by neveramsure

Posted on 15/05/2022 08:49

No, you can’t take dogs into garden, but they have provided some sheltered parking areas. It’s not huge, and nowhere that far from car park. We left our lad fast asleep in MH with skylights wide open and windows cracked, in shade and it stayed cool. You can take dogs into Logan House Gardens, which is next door. If you do get up, we are using a gorgeous CL called Greenloch House. Not cheap, but stunning location and nice pitches. Got a loo, but no showers. It’s about 10 minutes from Castle Kennedy, another nice garden. 

Yes, the Gunnera are immense. So are the carp😱

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook