When will it end and why is it still happening?

Wherenext replied on 23/05/2018 20:08

Posted on 23/05/2018 20:08

In answer to the threads question, Micky, I suspecf it will only end if one of two things happen

1. Heavy punitive action is taken against the land owner and his employees and I mean heavy but you will probably see pigs flying first or..

2. When Hen Harriers, Kites, Buzzards etc. cease to exist and pose no more problems for the moor owners. Obviously it's still happening because they are perceived to be a threat.

Of course we are assuming that all 3 birds were killed illegally. It is possible that they died of natural causes although....

mickysf replied on 23/05/2018 20:41

Posted on 23/05/2018 20:41

You are right Wherenext, thing is there is a repeated pattern on repeated estates in repeated areas. The stats just don't add up for our raptors for every one or even most occurring in these circumstances being natural causes.

Wherenext replied on 25/05/2018 19:57

Posted on 25/05/2018 19:57

I happen to agree with what you say Micky but unless the law can find proof they won't do anything, besides in their eyes it's small beer. To us it's not, so punishments have to hit home and make it worth investigating.

It's an uphill battle.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook