White Tailed Sea Eagles, IOW

nelliethehooker replied on 14/03/2021 20:01

Posted on 14/03/2021 20:01

Don't know if any of you bidding enthusiasts follow Roy Dennis Wildlife Foundation but here is a report from it about the Sea Eagles released on the IOW in 2020, and also of the journeys of other recorded Sea Eagles. A most interesting read.

https://www.roydennis.org/2021/03/10/spring-explorations/?fbclid=IwAR0S0NcBshBIuTpaJBVg84xDu--w9CkoOKMIfO8JGC1Xp50Yg4tgkDORsWE

Wherenext replied on 11/05/2021 19:35

Posted on 11/05/2021 19:35

I was just reading about the Norfolk introduction scheme Nellie. 

Great news but I might have to hold onto my Crab butty a bit harder soon.

Fisherman replied on 17/02/2022 12:41

Posted on 17/02/2022 12:41

Why have they travelled so far? I expect those who decided to release them thought there was enough territory, food etc there. Doesnt seem as if though they bred succesfully hence forcing youngsters out. Could it be they were wrong and in todays age the food supply was not there to sustain reintroduction. Did the two die of starvation and not as elsewhere here hysterical calls they were shot by gamekeepers. Just putting the other side from someone who has not got his knowledge from sanitised TV programmes.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/02/2022 14:49

Posted on 17/02/2022 14:49

Maybe give all fish eating Birds a better chance by banning fun fishing. After all fisherfolk just want to play, most don’t need fish to survive. Every fish taken for ‘fun’ could sustain an animal of bird that needs the fish for its very survival, now that truly would be sustainable in the most perfect ecological way possible👍🏻

Fisherman replied on 17/02/2022 15:06

Posted on 17/02/2022 15:06

Another load of trollop. We fishermen looked after the Ospreys in Mid Wales long befire the RSPB turned them into a cash crop. Likewise the Scottish and English birds rely on stocked fisheries for their survival. We fishermen pay for their food through our fishing permits which is a lot more than the snipers here do.

brue replied on 17/02/2022 15:52

Posted on 17/02/2022 12:41 by Fisherman

Why have they travelled so far? I expect those who decided to release them thought there was enough territory, food etc there. Doesnt seem as if though they bred succesfully hence forcing youngsters out. Could it be they were wrong and in todays age the food supply was not there to sustain reintroduction. Did the two die of starvation and not as elsewhere here hysterical calls they were shot by gamekeepers. Just putting the other side from someone who has not got his knowledge from sanitised TV programmes.

Posted on 17/02/2022 15:52

Why have they travelled so far? Because they can, they're big birds and they're capable of long distance flying but they also return to the IOW. This was the press release I read from last year >HERE<

Also read the RSPB web site about their conservation in Scotland etc. Unfortunately if you don't read up the details you can be tempted to make things up as you go along. wink

I believe the IOW was chosen as a good area for sea fishing, Bass and Grey Mullet are quoted. I don't think fishing by humans is going to affect supplies. However I do think the IOW is much too close to urban connurbations so I'm on the fence about that idea.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 17/02/2022 18:48

Posted on 17/02/2022 15:06 by Fisherman

Another load of trollop. We fishermen looked after the Ospreys in Mid Wales long befire the RSPB turned them into a cash crop. Likewise the Scottish and English birds rely on stocked fisheries for their survival. We fishermen pay for their food through our fishing permits which is a lot more than the snipers here do.

Posted on 17/02/2022 18:48

Fish, have you considered just having a discussion rather than attacking & name calling, you don’t suffer infantile name calling to you🤷🏻‍♂️. If you struggle interacting with folk then just don’t interact👍🏻

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook