Any other woodworkers?

CheshireCBR replied on 15/03/2016 20:48

Posted on 15/03/2016 20:48

I have just been having a look through and there seems to be every other hobby except woodwork, or in my case mainly woodturning with a bit of everything else wood thrown in for good measure, so what sort of wood work do others like to do?

hostahousey replied on 11/04/2016 09:59

Posted on 11/04/2016 09:59

Made the Herb tressel ( really a Butlers Tray) finished and painted , with pots seeded up with herbs. Had to fix a temp/glass top for the seed to germinate due to the old weather. Anyway I'll see in a few weeks time. Just wish I could post pic's.

jabby replied on 04/06/2016 08:39

Posted on 04/06/2016 08:39

Yep, woodwork is my thing. I have always dabbled with all sorts of wooden items, and have a small lathe which is great fun to use, mainly for making spinning tops. I currently make my own wooden traditional games and puzzles and sell them through craft fairs. Everything is now made in my log cabin in the garden. I replaced the cold and damp concrete garage for the comfy log cabin when I realised I was never going to get the car in the garage again.

mickysf replied on 04/06/2016 11:17

Posted on 04/06/2016 11:17

I love fabricating, improving, building in all types of materials. Made a Japanese pergolas and summerhouse in our back garden and a raised deck out of reclaimed timber. Would have loved a lathe but no house, garden, garage or workshop these days. 

SteveL replied on 13/06/2016 11:17

Posted on 13/06/2016 11:17

Have respect for those with woodworking skill, as love wooden things. Over the last year our younger son has built a garden bench with pergola for my jasmine to climb up, and a hexagonal raised planter for the stoned seating area. Both really solid, unique, and better than anything we' ve seen in the shops

(Mrs Steve)

RayandCheryl replied on 08/05/2021 16:32

Posted on 08/05/2021 16:32

I’ve been interested in woodwork since my school days but since retirement I am rarely out of my workshop that I built using recycled materials from demolition sites. I have a comprehensive range of tools and machinery to the point where my wife has banned me from any woodwork shows as I always come back with a new gadget.

I enjoy wood turning bowls and pens, toy making, scroll saw work and making garden furniture for friends and family I also make picture frames.

When I’m on the laptop using Sketchup my wife will say “what are you planning to build now ?” 😂😂

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook