Garden Snap Shots!

Takethedogalong replied on 21/02/2021 11:29

Posted on 21/02/2021 11:29

What’s coming up, into bloom, not behaving, visiting, living in, passing through? Post a photo or two, and share your garden year with others 😁

Hellebores, lovely bright crocus, and snowdrops.

brue replied on 08/04/2021 14:36

Posted on 08/04/2021 14:36

TDA. This thread provides a nice diary of the year progressing. I have been outside doing some weeding, the problem is I start to notice more weeds, the "nice" background greenery is sometimes big dandelions and nettles hiding away in the wrong place. wink

Impy replied on 08/04/2021 16:36

Posted on 08/04/2021 16:36

Two shrubs & a flower giving me pleasure in our garden at the moment...shame you all can't share the fragrance of the skimma wink

Takethedogalong replied on 08/04/2021 20:52

Posted on 08/04/2021 20:52

Beautiful impy. I planted more Snakeshead Fritillaries this year, as I seem to have lost some. We have a Quince as well, bit darker than yours. I had to give mine a hard cut back last year, after it had flowered, as it was getting a bit straggly. I rewarded me with another lovely set of flowers, but no fruit. Didn’t mind, as I don’t use the fruit. 

I am not well up on shrubs, but we have cleared quite a large patch this year, barked it over and I am looking for a few things to give colour all year round. Not easy as it’s prone to shade later in day. Did put two nice Broom plants in though. And I have a variegated standard holly planned.

Impy replied on 09/04/2021 15:48

Posted on 09/04/2021 15:48

TDA, take a look at Elaeagnus "Maculata", it has green & yellow leaves, is evergreen & has small/tiny white fragrant flowers & doesn't mind some shade laughing

hostahousey replied on 11/04/2021 13:30

Posted on 11/04/2021 13:30

Some more garden colour.

brue replied on 02/05/2021 08:50

Posted on 02/05/2021 08:50

The frosts have continued so lots of seedlings are being protected in the greenhouse. Some of the hardier veg have been planted, peas, beans, leeks & shallots etc. An old Canary Bird rose is tough and is out early as usual. Lovely rose with a nice scent.

Takethedogalong replied on 02/05/2021 11:23

Posted on 02/05/2021 11:23

Still bitter cold up here overnight, daren’t put anything out☹️ I have got all my bulbs and tubers into pots now, and some flower seeds sown, but not as far on as yours brue.

I am fighting a running battle with our squirrels at the moment, anything outside and in a pot is being dug up every morning, have taken to putting pebbles and tiles over unplanted bits of earth. Goodness knows what they are after, they have five feeders to go at, and the lawn is pock marked with dug up nut holes😡

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 02/05/2021 11:51

Posted on 02/05/2021 11:23 by Takethedogalong

Still bitter cold up here overnight, daren’t put anything out☹️ I have got all my bulbs and tubers into pots now, and some flower seeds sown, but not as far on as yours brue.

I am fighting a running battle with our squirrels at the moment, anything outside and in a pot is being dug up every morning, have taken to putting pebbles and tiles over unplanted bits of earth. Goodness knows what they are after, they have five feeders to go at, and the lawn is pock marked with dug up nut holes😡

Posted on 02/05/2021 11:51

I’ve trimmed the hollys-& used the cuttings, they’re keeping everything away right now, I was getting a lot of soil digging, 4+” of holly does a grand job😂😂

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook