Virtual Hobbies During Lockdown

thebells replied on 09/04/2020 09:50

Posted on 09/04/2020 09:50

I'd usually be playing netball in local league once a week, going to local pub quiz on Wednesday evenings with my girlfriends and spending weekends away walking in the Lake District or the Cheviots.

In an attempt to stave off the boredom and potential of "going stir crazy" I have rediscovered the joys of YouTube and am embracing (with the help of 19 year old daughter) technology.

I am watching youtube videos of people climbing mountains and doing national trails (my particular favourite is Abbie Barnes) and I am watching old Superleague and ANZ netball matches. I have also had a couple of WhatsApp and Zoom group get togethers where wine was drank and good conversation was enjoyed.

What have the rest of you been doing to keep engaged with your "normal" lifestyle?

Wherenext replied on 14/06/2020 19:46

Posted on 14/06/2020 19:46

If anyone interested in painting and drawing Mrs.WN has come across an excellent App, called Procreation. Yep, you did read it right. 

It's kept her quiet for hours so I can recommend it.😁 She bought a new IPad Air and thinks it's the best £10 she's spent in ages. If you have android then try Medibang, which is free.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook