Covid19 and Vets

Takethedogalong replied on 02/04/2020 12:06

Posted on 02/04/2020 12:06

Just a heads up for anyone with a pet, and if that pet requires repeat medication.

Many vet practices have for obvious reasons moved over to an emergencies only status, and if they are branches of a larger practice, might have closed some local surgeries for various reasons. This is just a heads up to keep others informed, and to suggest that if others do need repeat medications (like us), you give yourself and the vets plenty of time to get things sorted.

It might just be worth finding out what is happening with your local surgery, and how to go about getting any treatment or repeat medication. 

We are fortunate, our vets are highly organised, and we can still access what we need fairly locally, albeit from a difference practice, but under the same company group. But it is taking more time than usual because of the required checks, emails and other aspects.

Hope this is helpful, keep those beloved pets safe as well💕

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2020 00:25

Posted on 02/06/2020 00:25

Do you take her abroad Arty? As far as I know, that’s the only reason for any dog having a Rabies shot in UK. It’s not routine as far as I know, none of ours have ever had one.🤷‍♀️

artyboo replied on 02/06/2020 16:00

Posted on 02/06/2020 00:25 by Takethedogalong

Do you take her abroad Arty? As far as I know, that’s the only reason for any dog having a Rabies shot in UK. It’s not routine as far as I know, none of ours have ever had one.🤷‍♀️

Posted on 02/06/2020 16:00

Yes, and now I only have her it will be easier 

Takethedogalong replied on 02/06/2020 16:05

Posted on 02/06/2020 16:05

That could be it then. Booster will keep records up to date, rather than starting from scratch again?

Metheven replied on 03/06/2020 15:10

Posted on 03/06/2020 15:10

Cassie's due her 3 monthly medicine, our local surgery has re-opened with restrictions in place.

When I arrive I either ring on my mobile or knock on the door, I then wait in the carpark for the Vet to come out and take Cassie into the surgery for her health check and dispensed medicine, the Vet then returns Cassie to me.

Forgot to ask how I pay if I can't go in innocent perhaps it's free laughing

Takethedogalong replied on 03/06/2020 18:50

Posted on 03/06/2020 18:50

Don’t think it will be Metheven😂 Nice try though. Our local vets has just reopened this week, but only for emergencies and meds pick up. I think a lot are looking to put in place screens for reception staff, and other such safe guards. Fingers crossed they can safely re open soon.

Bakers2 replied on 03/06/2020 19:13

Posted on 03/06/2020 15:10 by Metheven

Cassie's due her 3 monthly medicine, our local surgery has re-opened with restrictions in place.

When I arrive I either ring on my mobile or knock on the door, I then wait in the carpark for the Vet to come out and take Cassie into the surgery for her health check and dispensed medicine, the Vet then returns Cassie to me.

Forgot to ask how I pay if I can't go in innocent perhaps it's free laughing

Posted on 03/06/2020 19:13

We took our new puppy last week for 1st vaccinations. Similar set up to yours. Ring when you arrive, vet has chat on the phone when it's your turn, then comes to the car to collect pet from the boot in suitable container in our case as must walk in 'dirty' ground. Vet nurse rang us after consultation to report on health check findings and pay over the phone by card.

I then walked towards the door, vet nurse opened the door and placed puppy and container on the ground and stood back, I walked forward to collect puppy in container and the paperwork plus worm and flea tablet.

We were a little early and there were at least 2 vets working. One guy must have come as an emergency on foot, in that case the vet came out and spoke in person, with the 2m distance, and then bought the card machine out to him. Not the vet we saw.

Our vet says they are now doing more than just emergencies and that includes spaying etc.

brue replied on 06/06/2020 11:12

Posted on 06/06/2020 11:12

At first our vet was working outside looking at animals, we recently noticed the queue is still outside but the vet is inside and things are easing up a bit.

Traficlady replied on 27/06/2020 09:02

Posted on 27/06/2020 09:02

I needed wormers for my dog. I had to make an appointment then text when I arrived with car make, model and registration and they brought the tablets out to me. Due for boosters in July, not sure how that’ll work.

Nora

Takethedogalong replied on 27/06/2020 16:48

Posted on 27/06/2020 16:48

Our local vets are still collecting pooches from outside, taking them in for checks, etc.... and talking to owners outdoors. Our surgery branch has re opened now, but we are still collecting meds from outside. I think our lad will have to have a check up this next time, as it will be over six months since a vet last saw him. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook