Dogs and their owners

glassthorpe replied on 25/07/2019 11:48

Posted on 25/07/2019 11:48

I know I'm going to get a load of criticism on here but here goes......

My wife doesn't like dogs and I'm neutral but a few questions: -

Why do people think that everyone will like their dog?

Why do 90% of dog owners have massive long leads and let their dogs roam everywhere when they are walking through the site?

Is it acceptable to allow dogs to mess on someone else's pitch, even though the pick most of it up?

How much yapping from a small dog is acceptable?

I'm a very easy going "live and let live" person but I find most dog owners ignore the rules.

Sitting here having just watched a loose dog from next door pitch have a shit on the grass opposite, the owner had walked down to reception. When he came back I told him what had just happened, his dog then came onto my pitch and started licking my leg - NOT what I wanted.

RowenaBCAMC replied on 25/07/2019 17:15

Posted on 25/07/2019 17:15

Hi glassthorpe and welcome to Club Together. Discussions on dogs in the past have caused quite a lot of conflict which is why we created one discussion to talk about dogs, which you can see here: Dogs and Touring

However, we do really appreciate member's feedback so if you have concerns about dogs on Club Sites can you please email UKSitesBookingService@camc.com as this will go directly to the relevant team to review. 

Many thanks and in the meantime I will close this discussion and request any posts being made are directed to the Dogs and Touring Discussion. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook