Taking a dog on Brittany Ferries

Mady replied on 29/07/2019 16:12

Posted on 29/07/2019 16:12

Hi, We took our dog on the "No frills" ferry from Portsmouth to Santander in January a few years ago and had an awful time. The weather was really bad, the cabin was very basic and the exercise area was dire so we said "never again"!

We are now thinking of trying the Cap Finistere from Portsmouth to Santander or Bilbao in Jan/Feb with our dog in a dog cabin. Has anyone done this and can you give me any info or advice please. 2 nights on a ferry sounds like hell to me but husband hates the drive through France at that time of year.

eurortraveller replied on 29/07/2019 16:31

Posted on 29/07/2019 16:31

Only the Sunday sailing from Portsmouth to Spain on Cap Finistere  involves two nights on board. The Wednesday and Friday sailings include just one single night.

But whether there are any cabins for dogs still available is perhaps doubtful - they book up very quickly, so phone Britanny Ferries today and ask. And whether you will enjoy sailing across the Bay of Biscay in mid winter is doubtful too. I don't do weather forecasts.

Good luck.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook