Change of Bank holiday dates in May 2022

Cornersteady replied on 05/05/2021 09:50

Posted on 05/05/2021 09:50

I was just going to book our usual early May BH weekend for next year. (Our working daughter likes to come along). I checked the dates for 2022 and found that it has been moved and there is a extra BH next year as well:

To commemorate the Queen's lengthy reign, the May Bank Holiday will be moved to Thursday, June 2 with an additional Bank Holiday on Friday, June 3 - meaning a four-day break. It will be the first time any British monarch has reached this historic milestone.

This was announced in March apparently but I must have missed it, so in case anyone else did as well. And that means I can't book it till next month.

Also the club doesn't appear to know as the peak price is still showing for the weekend before the new dates. 

Cornersteady replied on 05/05/2021 17:08

Posted on 05/05/2021 16:30 by cyberyacht

Grab it quick then and pin them to the cheaper price. 

Posted on 05/05/2021 17:08

If only! Remember when they (the club) got caught out last time when the BH was switched and they made everyone pay the new chargesundecided 

eyebrowsb replied on 06/05/2021 19:18

Posted on 05/05/2021 09:50 by Cornersteady

I was just going to book our usual early May BH weekend for next year. (Our working daughter likes to come along). I checked the dates for 2022 and found that it has been moved and there is a extra BH next year as well:

To commemorate the Queen's lengthy reign, the May Bank Holiday will be moved to Thursday, June 2 with an additional Bank Holiday on Friday, June 3 - meaning a four-day break. It will be the first time any British monarch has reached this historic milestone.

This was announced in March apparently but I must have missed it, so in case anyone else did as well. And that means I can't book it till next month.

Also the club doesn't appear to know as the peak price is still showing for the weekend before the new dates. 

Posted on 06/05/2021 19:18

As I understand it, the early May BH remains the same and is on Monday 2nd May. It hasn't been moved.  It's the Spring BH (aka Whit BH)  that has changed from Monday 30th May to Thursday 2nd June.  So you should be OK to book your usual early May BH weekend for next year?

Cornersteady replied on 07/05/2021 22:15

Posted on 06/05/2021 19:18 by eyebrowsb

As I understand it, the early May BH remains the same and is on Monday 2nd May. It hasn't been moved.  It's the Spring BH (aka Whit BH)  that has changed from Monday 30th May to Thursday 2nd June.  So you should be OK to book your usual early May BH weekend for next year?

Posted on 07/05/2021 22:15

yes thanks and sorry I should have made it clear I was booking the early one but noticed the later one had been moved and added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook