Help our NHS this Saturday and camp on your drive

MillieMaster replied on 02/04/2020 08:08

Posted on 02/04/2020 08:08

There is a group on FaceBook who are suggesting that all of us Mo-Ho and Caravan owners who can possibly do so, to spend this coming Saturday night sleeping in your outfits out on your drives (or similar).

I am very pleased to say that £000's have been raised already for our Countries truly brilliant NHS

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218282259248985/permalink/219864585757419/

Comment from Community Manager:

Hi MillieMaster, thank you for sharing this info. Further to your other discussion the link is also here:  https://justgiving.com/fundraising/greatbritishcampout  Apologies we were unable to PM you to advise that the discussion had been moved. This is an improvement to the forum that we hope to make in the future. 

TheStens19 replied on 02/04/2020 12:30

Posted on 02/04/2020 12:30

See if this gets removed perhaps all the NHS enthusiasts should question how they voted over the last decade . With more thought the unnecessary austerity and cuts to nursing numbers and beds would have been avoided.

Metheven replied on 02/04/2020 13:51

Posted on 02/04/2020 13:51

I'm confused who is who on this, eventually steering towards the 'Just Giving' site it is numerous charities. Some recognizable and some not, but not one solely under that name that I can find.

JVB66 replied on 02/04/2020 14:03

Posted on 02/04/2020 12:30 by TheStens19

See if this gets removed perhaps all the NHS enthusiasts should question how they voted over the last decade . With more thought the unnecessary austerity and cuts to nursing numbers and beds would have been avoided.

Posted on 02/04/2020 14:03

Politics as ever is how it is seen? We were promised a major super hospital,   in place of our very old one, that was to be where the old one was ,until they got in power then the plans were scrapped but our old hospital was still closed and pulled down(now a housing estate),so we now only have two hospitals one at each end boundary of the county which are now both well overstretched,undecided

brue replied on 02/04/2020 14:52

Posted on 02/04/2020 14:52

Don't use FB so can't read much about this. Will join in the support for the NHS tonight as we all did locally last week. 

We had to bail out the banks in 2008 and we've all suffered the consequences since then. Lets hope we get through this crisis. 

richardandros replied on 03/04/2020 11:31

Posted on 03/04/2020 11:31

In my original post (above) - I removed my post because I was saying that when I looked on the Just Giving website and did a search for "The Great British Campout", it came back negative.  I only found it when I followed a link from the Facebook page - that's why I removed my post because I thought I had made a mistake.

However, having had another look, like others, I can't work out who is benefitting, or by what mechanism the NHS is going to gain anything. As commendable as it may seem, I'm also at a loss to understand how even tens of thousands of pounds will have any impact at all, when millions would be required. As much as it appears at a first glance to be a very worthwhile cause, I'm afraid I will be giving it a miss. I haven't said what I really think, but that won't take much working out.

MillieMaster replied on 05/04/2020 15:44

Posted on 05/04/2020 15:44

I am overwhelmed to report that this amazingly well supported fund raising effort that has now received international media coverage has now raised a quite staggering £83,794 and still climbing.

With regards to those who have questioned the cause and who will benefit, then I am forced to say I am staggered as it is easy enough to see when you look at anything to do with any fund raising efforts that are guided by the Governments Just Giving protocol.

In this instance the proceeds are going to the Charity Registration No. 1186569 which is a charity specially set up to help Supporting NHS staff and volunteers caring for Covid-19 patients.

Personally speaking I gave my donation willingly and without question.

Just Giving

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook