Latest Calor Press Release on Calor Lite

DavidKlyne replied on 10/08/2017 21:18

Posted on 10/08/2017 21:18

Calor Gas have just issued a press release on the subject of Calor Lite and it's replacement. It also sets out to reassure current users of what cylinders they will be able to swap in the future. See Here

David

DaveT replied on 18/08/2019 11:03

Posted on 18/08/2019 11:03

Just used up the last of my Calor lite bottle. Understand that there are supply problems and may not be able to get a refill until new standard is brought out. However, in the interim, I am happy to go back to older type bottle. Now the problem. The club apparently won't accept a Calor lite swap for a standard bottle. Don't understand this - why do I have to go to a major Calor depot? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Moderator Edit:

There is already a sticky thread in this same section regarding Calor lite so I'm locking this one and inviting you to repost on the original thread.

Thanks to EasyT for his response. Guess it looks like a personal choice of the Warden. Would have been nice if the club/Warden could explain the rationale.

JollyKernow replied on 18/08/2019 11:16

Posted on 18/08/2019 11:03 by DaveT

Just used up the last of my Calor lite bottle. Understand that there are supply problems and may not be able to get a refill until new standard is brought out. However, in the interim, I am happy to go back to older type bottle. Now the problem. The club apparently won't accept a Calor lite swap for a standard bottle. Don't understand this - why do I have to go to a major Calor depot? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Moderator Edit:

There is already a sticky thread in this same section regarding Calor lite so I'm locking this one and inviting you to repost on the original thread.

Thanks to EasyT for his response. Guess it looks like a personal choice of the Warden. Would have been nice if the club/Warden could explain the rationale.

Posted on 18/08/2019 11:16

Morning

It's not exactly the personal choice of a warden. The only personal choice is whether to stock gas at all. We buy our gas direct from Calor and are able to exchange the defunct lite bottles for the original 6kg. Some other sites get their supply from a third party who may or may not allow that option. I hope this is of some help?

JK

Qashqai66 replied on 23/08/2019 13:14

Posted on 23/08/2019 13:14

I am not keen on the refillable type as we don't use enough gas to justify the cost.  I am planning to buy a pair of the gaslight bottles instead.  I like the idea of being able to see at a glance how much gas is in the bottle.  I also like the thought of considerably less weight.

Hedgehurst replied on 29/08/2019 19:12

Posted on 29/08/2019 19:12

I've just tried to swap our 6Kg Calorlite for a refilled one at A Bell in Northampton, who for the last couple of years have had them when others haven't. Today they say they've had none for 10 weeks, and yer man  there says it's his opinion they'll not see any more, ever.
Is he just trying to sell me his steel ones, or are other people finding them hard to get as well?

I've got used to not having that extra lump of heavy metal in the front compartment when loading!

EmilysDad replied on 29/08/2019 19:20

Posted on 29/08/2019 19:20

My local Calor place had a load of Calorlite in last week. I asked what they were .... can't say I'd seen the grey top bottles before. He said they were £3 more too 

KjellNN replied on 29/08/2019 20:47

Posted on 29/08/2019 20:47

We have a full CalorlLite that we  do not need as we have gone refillable, I expect we can use it up on the gas BBQ.   Already sold our other full one a couple of years back.

If anyone in the Glasgow area is desperate for one, we could do a deal!

Tammygirl replied on 29/08/2019 21:12

Posted on 29/08/2019 20:47 by KjellNN

We have a full CalorlLite that we  do not need as we have gone refillable, I expect we can use it up on the gas BBQ.   Already sold our other full one a couple of years back.

If anyone in the Glasgow area is desperate for one, we could do a deal!

Posted on 29/08/2019 21:12

Kj, interested Phil sending you a message.

KjellNN replied on 29/08/2019 21:41

Posted on 29/08/2019 21:41

TG....KJ still down in workshop (garage) but will tell him to look out for a message from Phil.

Jennifer

Hedgehurst replied on 29/08/2019 22:06

Posted on 29/08/2019 22:06

Not your fault that neither of these are exactly adjacent to Northampton! Sorry, I forgot to mention that bit.

MM, ours has a grey top. Are you in Lancs, as in your signature?

Anyone nearer my end of the world seen them in stock, please? I'm still wondering if it's just our shop playing to sell what they've got, or if Calor really are stopping them this time.

Thanks.

EmilysDad replied on 01/09/2019 09:03

Posted on 29/08/2019 22:06 by Hedgehurst

Not your fault that neither of these are exactly adjacent to Northampton! Sorry, I forgot to mention that bit.

MM, ours has a grey top. Are you in Lancs, as in your signature?

Anyone nearer my end of the world seen them in stock, please? I'm still wondering if it's just our shop playing to sell what they've got, or if Calor really are stopping them this time.

Thanks.

Posted on 01/09/2019 09:03

I am in Lancs .... And, Tygas, the gas supplier is just up from Burrs ☺

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook