Problem Dometic Fridge

philipemmo replied on 28/05/2017 22:58

Posted on 28/05/2017 22:58

I have a Dometic RM730L fridge in our 2006 Swift motorhome, that has decided to stop working. Last two outings I have used it on EHU and 12v, but it doesn't get cold. Is there anyone out there who has suffered a similar problem, and if so, did you manage to rectify the problem.

This is just our second season as motorhomers, so although I have sussed out how everything works, this is the first major problem I have encountered.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Hicklin replied on 25/02/2021 17:51

Posted on 25/02/2021 17:51

Hi, following storage this winter our Dometic fridge power selector will only turn on off . No other buttons work, the fridge does work when the ignition is on. Any ideas? Model is RM8401

thanks 

Tinwheeler replied on 25/02/2021 18:45

Posted on 25/02/2021 18:45

The fridge will only work off 12v with the vehicle ignition on and, usually, with the engine running. Without the ignition engaged, you can only use the fridge on 240v or gas. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook