Travelling from an area with new restrictions

alan1406 replied on 31/07/2020 10:45

Posted on 31/07/2020 10:45

We live in Huddersfield - part of Kirklees - which was subject to the additional restrictions featured heavily in the news last night (Thursday) and this morning, Friday.  We are booked in at Bridlington next Thursday.

I have examined the restrictions closely and nowhere does it mention a restriction on travelling.  I am aware that if there is a total lockdown (as was in Leicester) sites can legitimately turn away people travelling.  Indeed the Coronavirus FAQ section of the Club website reiterates

I've sent the Club an email but not sure that with volume of calls / emails etc they will get back to me before next week

If anyone from the Club is moderating / monitoring this forum, perhaps it's an idea to post an update to give some reassurance to members travelling from affected areas.

Guess it works the other way as well - what's the guidance for sites open inside the affected areas?  I'm assuming you cannot have other caravanners on your pitch even if they are staying on the same site.  A minefield!

Moderator Edit:

I've 'reported' your post in the hope that somebody from Head Office will be able to offer to further update and/or guidance to travellers.

obbernockle replied on 31/07/2020 20:47

Posted on 31/07/2020 11:12 by alan1406

So presumably all Club Sites in the restricted areas will be vacated today as well?  On what basis and your understanding of the restrictions was your reply made obbernockle?

Posted on 31/07/2020 20:47

What reply is that?

AnnB replied on 01/08/2020 08:13

Posted on 31/07/2020 20:42 by EmilysDad

I'm guessing you live in the area where I work .... under the shadow of a huge 57! 😉

Posted on 01/08/2020 08:13

Not Wigan (shock/horror) but it’s much better neighbour Leigh smile

replied on 01/08/2020 09:01

Posted on 31/07/2020 15:17 by JillwithaJay

So; do we snitch on people who disobey the rules?

Posted on 01/08/2020 09:01

Depends how strongly you feel. I have broken the rules during earlier lockdown here in Wales. Do I feel ashamed? not at all in my instance. 

My younger neighbour came round to spend 5 minutes digging up a shrub that would have taken me an hour. Social distancing was observed. My other neighbour has also broken the letter of the law, but not the spirit of social distancing. Her step son came around a couple of times and they sat about 12 feet apart. Would I report it? No. 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook