Guidance needed please

replied on 03/02/2019 13:52

Posted on 03/02/2019 13:52

The user and all related content has been deleted

Rufs replied on 04/02/2019 11:52

Posted on 04/02/2019 11:52

WTG re whether or not they applied for an ETIAS; think i saw something on the television news only a couple of days ago that visa free travel to all UK nationals would be available within the EU irrespective of the deal when we leave or dont leave, or did i dream this, seen so much of late it makes my brain ache

Navigateur replied on 04/02/2019 12:25

Posted on 04/02/2019 12:25

Having a resource (or a number of them) giving the "official" position on any of the coming changes will be most useful. However, anyone travelling into Europe, or indeed staying within the UK and trying to live life as they have done for the past couple of decades, needs to be aware of one thing.

It will all come down to how things are interpreted by the relevant officials. To give a, hopefully, non-political example - it is no use having a platform ticket if the man on the gate will not open the barrier.

replied on 04/02/2019 12:27

Posted on 04/02/2019 11:52 by Rufs

WTG re whether or not they applied for an ETIAS; think i saw something on the television news only a couple of days ago that visa free travel to all UK nationals would be available within the EU irrespective of the deal when we leave or dont leave, or did i dream this, seen so much of late it makes my brain ache

Posted on 04/02/2019 12:27

The user and all related content has been deleted

RowenaBCAMC replied on 04/02/2019 12:39

Posted on 04/02/2019 12:39

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your feedback and we fully appreciate this is an important matter that you would like to discuss and we at the Club will also offer advice on travelling wherever we can. 

As previously mentioned there is information on Brexit on the Club's website:  Travelling after Brexit

Club staff are and will be posting to help wherever we can with information, see Green Cards discussion. 

I am happy to start a generic discussion for advice on travelling after Brexit for information purposes and as David suggests we can make this a sticky. Let me know what you think. However, we do ask that political debate is avoided as it's often turned to arguments in the past. As such the discussion would be for sharing information with each other only and updates from the Club. Any political comments would be removed. Many thanks and appreciate your understanding.  

JillwithaJay replied on 04/02/2019 13:23

Posted on 04/02/2019 13:23

Thanks Rowena.

Reading people's posts, I do feel that we could do with a 'sticky' thread in which to discuss aspects of travel after Brexit.  Perhaps with the title 'Travelling after Brexit'  would encompass all likely scenarios.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook