How do I change my avatar?

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 10/01/2019 21:05

Posted on 10/01/2019 21:05

Please help - I've been trying to update my avatar on my profile, but keep getting the following error message:  "Upload failed. Must be a valid image (jpg,gif,png,bmp)"

I've tried all 4 image types with no success.  I've also tried different image sizes.  I've tried static avatars and I've tried animated avatars - no luck with any of them.

Are there any maximum (or minimum) file sizes or images sizes that apply to CT avatars?

Ian Kelly

01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill, The Cross, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LP
www.BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill Farm – relax at our award-winning hideaway in the beautiful lake-lands of Shropshire - exclusively for members of the Caravan and Motorhome Club

SeasideBill replied on 31/01/2019 19:35

Posted on 31/01/2019 18:57 by SteveL

As far as I know there is not. This has always been the case. I put mine on under the old system on my windows lap top, as it was not possible on my pad. When the web site was upgraded I assumed it would have been included, as so many folk use ipads and phones. This unfortunately was not the case and was confirmed by the club at the time.  After the upgrade you could still update on windows systems and I believe some other devices. However, I don't think anyone has been to update or add an avatar since about November 2017.☹️

Posted on 31/01/2019 19:35

That’s a shame. I’ve only started using this forum recently and am surprised how old fashioned and ‘clunky’ it is. Hopefully it can be improved. I wouldn’t want go down the Facebook route, I absolutely hate it and wouldn’t use the site.

nelliethehooker replied on 31/01/2019 20:03

Posted on 31/01/2019 19:35 by SeasideBill

That’s a shame. I’ve only started using this forum recently and am surprised how old fashioned and ‘clunky’ it is. Hopefully it can be improved. I wouldn’t want go down the Facebook route, I absolutely hate it and wouldn’t use the site.

Posted on 31/01/2019 20:03

Join the club, sb, we've been asking for an improvement since the last dreadful "upgrade" at the end of 2017.

DavidKlyne replied on 31/01/2019 21:56

Posted on 31/01/2019 19:35 by SeasideBill

Posted on 31/01/2019 21:56

I don't think the Club would go down the Facebook route as it would be difficult to manage and trying to find anything on Facebook more than a couple of hours old I find very difficult. However I do find that Facebook is ideal for certain things. For example you are a motorhome owner and I bet your make of motorhome has a dedicated group and in this instance Facebook is really useful channel to get information and solutions to problems.

David

Wherenext replied on 31/01/2019 22:00

Posted on 31/01/2019 21:56 by DavidKlyne

I don't think the Club would go down the Facebook route as it would be difficult to manage and trying to find anything on Facebook more than a couple of hours old I find very difficult. However I do find that Facebook is ideal for certain things. For example you are a motorhome owner and I bet your make of motorhome has a dedicated group and in this instance Facebook is really useful channel to get information and solutions to problems.

David

Posted on 31/01/2019 22:00

Bet it won't tell him how he can get his avatar changed on here  though.smile

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook