"Locked" threads

moulesy replied on 31/07/2018 09:51

Posted on 31/07/2018 09:51

I notice that the "Not inclusive" thread has been locked by Jill this morning. And yet within minutes a member has been able to add a post. Out of curiosity I tried but could not add a comment. It's not the first time I've seen this. So how is it possible that some members seem to be able to circumvent the locking of a post. And why, other than wanting to stick two metaphorical fingers up at the moderators? undecided

DavidKlyne replied on 31/07/2018 21:46

Posted on 31/07/2018 11:05 by huskydog

why not delete the offending posts and let the thread carry on ????

Just asking cool

Posted on 31/07/2018 21:46

That does sometimes happen but it does depend on how many posts need to be removed. If it's excessive then we are more than likely to close the thread. Sometimes that gives us the opportunity to remove posts without further ones being added and the thread can then be reopened when hopefully things have calmed down. However I would point out that the mods are volunteers and often their time online is limited because they are away themselves and sometimes without a reliable WiFi connection!!! 

David

peedee replied on 18/10/2018 06:40

Posted on 18/10/2018 06:40

What is the status of threads under review? There are at least two I was trying to follow. If they are not permitted to continue could a note to that effect be added please.

peedee

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook