Making a website link live

Takethedogalong replied on 19/03/2018 11:08

Posted on 19/03/2018 11:08

Tried to find guidance on this with no luck. I can insert the link into my post, using copy and paste, but when I press reply, sometimes the link is live, other times it isn't. I am using an iPad with Safari, anyone got any tips on how to make this work more successfully?

Thank you. I am aiming to add to CL reviews, but copying reviews I have done elsewhere.

brue replied on 20/03/2018 10:46

Posted on 20/03/2018 10:46

The only way to add a link to a review is to use the direct method because it's not possible to use the link system, I think that was TDA's question in the OP?

I don't think reviewers often leave links but it is possible that way.

brue replied on 20/03/2018 12:00

Posted on 20/03/2018 12:00

It's a pity TDA, but the web site seems to vary according to the device being used at any particular time. For the first few years I could add a direct link but not a link via the system link. Then, for me, it stopped working, now I can do it again. The inconsistencies of the set up must deter a lot of users.

Takethedogalong replied on 20/03/2018 16:37

Posted on 20/03/2018 16:37

Indeed. I used Live Chat one time to try and get answers to a particular issue I was having. The inference was that some functions didn't work as well with iPads, so did I have another device? My response was yes, a state of the art Mac Book, but the problems are still there. Anything Apple combined with this website takes some pondering! One or two things do seem to have been resolved, since then, but not all.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook