Snagging List

cyberyacht replied on 05/01/2017 08:59

Posted on 05/01/2017 08:59

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

This thread is not for discussions. Post ONLY factual information.

To provide a comprehensive list of problems encountered, I would suggest that each post lists only one issue at a time.

Provide details of problem  as concisely as possible.

Operating system, machine used and relevant software. i.e. Macbook/ PC/tablet, Windows XP/ iOS7 etc, Safari/Internet Explorer/Chrome inc version No.

Please do not enter into discussions such as "I've had/not had this problem" as this will detract from the objectivity of the thread. Hopefully this thread may assist the IT department in finding where "all the bodies are buried".

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING.

huskydog replied on 27/12/2020 16:47

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:24 by Cornersteady

If you thought it was going that way yesterday evening, why did you not, as other mods do, issue a warning rather than let it carry on?

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:47

With respect , you keep quoting  the T&C’s to various posters when they go off topic ,but you keep replying with off topic replies ! 

I don’t post on CT very often as it seems to have got very one sided 

Compo replied on 27/12/2020 16:58

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:58

I have to admit that I am still learning when it comes to knowing what is and what isn't allowed when posting. For instance, it clearly states in the OP that this thread is not for discussions so should my post and a lot of others above be removed for not complying. I know some of my posts have been removed for reasons I don't understand and very annoying it can be too.

Cornersteady replied on 27/12/2020 17:25

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:47 by huskydog

With respect , you keep quoting  the T&C’s to various posters when they go off topic ,but you keep replying with off topic replies ! 

I don’t post on CT very often as it seems to have got very one sided 

Posted on 27/12/2020 17:25

Actually I don't post, nor quote, about T&Cs HD about going off topic, I think you're confusing me with someone else?

In any case what your post has to do with my reply to DK about issuing warnings?

If you thought it was going that way yesterday evening, why did you not, as other mods do, issue a warning rather than let it carry on?

Tinwheeler replied on 27/12/2020 17:28

Posted on 27/12/2020 16:58 by Compo

I have to admit that I am still learning when it comes to knowing what is and what isn't allowed when posting. For instance, it clearly states in the OP that this thread is not for discussions so should my post and a lot of others above be removed for not complying. I know some of my posts have been removed for reasons I don't understand and very annoying it can be too.

Posted on 27/12/2020 17:28

Compo, reading the T&Cs and Guidelines will tell you all you need to know.

CY's comment in his OP was his form of request. Things have moved on a lot in the last 4 years although, sadly, the performance of the software still remains questionable.

Hope that helps.

Compo replied on 27/12/2020 17:50

Posted on 27/12/2020 17:28 by Tinwheeler

Compo, reading the T&Cs and Guidelines will tell you all you need to know.

CY's comment in his OP was his form of request. Things have moved on a lot in the last 4 years although, sadly, the performance of the software still remains questionable.

Hope that helps.

Posted on 27/12/2020 17:50

Thanks for that. Yes I have read through the T& Cs and Guidelines, but I have still fallen foul despite my best efforts to keep within them. I understand I am not allowed to publicly question why I have had posts removed so I am making further enquiries to try to find out the reasons from the Community Manager. It gets to the stage that it makes you wonder if it is worth posting at all if they get removed without reason. It is good to know however, that it is alright to create a discussion on this thread without it being removed.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/12/2020 20:52

Posted on 27/12/2020 20:52

I assume that you and TW feel I have nothing else in my life but monitoring Club Together? Last night I had a quick trawl through CT but did not have time to take any action as I had other things to do that were more pressing. Thankfully another mod did have time and took action. That is the way the system works. My comment was as a means of explanation to Wherenext that raised the issue about the thread and why it was closed and hidden. 

Just on this issue of Deleted User content. Whilst some posters do get posts Deleted User because they have innocently got caught in the crossfire of a thread  I think it is fairly obvious to a reasonable person that those who have had their posts Deleted User time and time again, over many threads, are the main culprits and are the ones responsible for getting threads closed down. 

Personally I think this thread has also run its time so I will close for Rowena to review. 

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook