The "Peedee method" of drag and drop photos

Hedgehurst replied on 22/06/2019 21:49

Posted on 22/06/2019 21:49

A recent addition to "Your Stories" has loads of excellent photos. When asked how they got more than the statuary 5 in, the reply was  by using the "Peedee drag and drop method".

There is a tutorial thread on how to upload photos but I admit to being disinclined to wade through all 440+ posts there! Peedee, or anyone else, would you be kind enough to explain, please?

I don't have the pics stored online, they're on a hard drive here.

At some point I'll then get round to writing up our Hebridean trip with more than 5 images.

Thanks.

DavidKlyne replied on 15/07/2019 20:10

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:10

Chas

Ctrl and F5 wouldn't work for me so I copied the URL and opened in a new page and that worked. Came back to this page and clicked on the link and it worked the second time.

Reading back to the original instructions by Rochelle it only mentioned You Tube and another video hosting website for the loading of videos to Club Together. The only instructions for photographs is the one I used on the previous page with pictures of the Buxton site which is using the Add Photos box.

There are obviously other work rounds to getting content to load into Club Together like the drop and drag. However this does require a bit more experience of utilising various Windows processes and I am not sure if it helps with other operating systems? I am not so sure about slideshows as they can be a bit clunky?  Having said that, unless we are told otherwise no harm in experimenting.

David 

chasncath replied on 15/07/2019 20:33

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:33

It's still possible! In Google slides I now realize that you must use the 'publish to the web' tool and then use the 'embed' setting to paste the code. That's using the 'Insert video' tab above.

I made a choice that the slideshow would run on startup which may annoy those on limited data. Sorry!

The toolbar at the bottom works so you can select full screen if you like, or even the laser pointer.

N1805 replied on 15/07/2019 20:45

Posted on 15/07/2019 20:45

Ctrl + F5 worked for me on laptop whilst "hand pointer" hovered over line. Some great photos.

Hedgehurst replied on 15/07/2019 22:12

Posted on 15/07/2019 18:08 by chasncath

slide show

Try it! Ctrl and F5 to run

Posted on 15/07/2019 22:12

They're lovely photos - (I recognised Pont d'Arc from both visiting last year and paddling a kayak under it years ago!) ... but I get "Firefox prevented a pop-up [etc]" and no slide show, only individual pics down the side to click on.  Obviously my level of adblockers doesn't like this method either.

Technology, don't you love it!

chasncath replied on 15/07/2019 22:40

Posted on 15/07/2019 22:12 by Hedgehurst

They're lovely photos - (I recognised Pont d'Arc from both visiting last year and paddling a kayak under it years ago!) ... but I get "Firefox prevented a pop-up [etc]" and no slide show, only individual pics down the side to click on.  Obviously my level of adblockers doesn't like this method either.

Technology, don't you love it!

Posted on 15/07/2019 22:40

Thanks for your original post and the nice things you said about our photos. I must admit that as we've travelled around I've always taken photos while composing a narrative in my mind. I got carried away back in 2012 and started a series of 'Postcards from xxxxx'  

Many of our past stories got trashed in the great update because the photos were stored on the Club Together website. Now we use photos stored in the cloud.However, our main photo storage is still on our pc, with backup on an external hdd.

Why not look at putting the story of your Hebridean trip and your photos on google drive or google photos. Once you've got a google account, you could create a presentation of your trip as a google slide show. It's not that difficult.

Rochelle used google slides so it's a legit procedure on CT.

Create the slide show: share it with public; publish to web; copy thd code; select the video tab on CT and the paste the code into the 'embed'  tab.

I'm 75 and I can do it so no excuses!

chasncath replied on 16/07/2019 16:41

Posted on 16/07/2019 16:41

Content has been removed.

Hedgehurst replied on 16/07/2019 21:22

Posted on 15/07/2019 22:40 by chasncath

Thanks for your original post and the nice things you said about our photos. I must admit that as we've travelled around I've always taken photos while composing a narrative in my mind. I got carried away back in 2012 and started a series of 'Postcards from xxxxx'  

Many of our past stories got trashed in the great update because the photos were stored on the Club Together website. Now we use photos stored in the cloud.However, our main photo storage is still on our pc, with backup on an external hdd.

Why not look at putting the story of your Hebridean trip and your photos on google drive or google photos. Once you've got a google account, you could create a presentation of your trip as a google slide show. It's not that difficult.

Rochelle used google slides so it's a legit procedure on CT.

Create the slide show: share it with public; publish to web; copy thd code; select the video tab on CT and the paste the code into the 'embed'  tab.

I'm 75 and I can do it so no excuses!

Posted on 16/07/2019 21:22

Touche! As a mere yoof of 66 myself then, as you say, no excuses. ... the little matter of getting round to it, of course, but the method now seems clearer.

(Along with a summer of the arrival of a new set of Northumbrian smallpipes, some storytelling gigs to prepare & deliver, more medieval music to learn, barely even time for the occasional caravan trip... smile  )

Thanks one and all for all the help. I will get it done, honest, eventually!

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook