1st time non electric camping

Tonysavage replied on 06/08/2019 08:35

Posted on 06/08/2019 08:35

Hi 

Bought inexpensive motorhome last year in order to take grand kids away.

Took them to new forest last week where we had no electric and after 1st night leisure battery seemed to have died, all we used it for was night lighting so presuming it is old and needs replacing.

Can anyone reccomend any charging devices for phones ipads ,lighting, you know the usual things kids expect when away to save the beating i got from them after a couple of days.

However have to say we had a great time and maybe just me not knowing how to use aux battery effectivly.

Sorry for putting up a post you must have seen many times before.

Have seen other campers with large solar panels, any good??

Thanks for reading and maybe see you on a campsite soon.

Tony n Tina

young thomas replied on 09/08/2019 08:00

Posted on 08/08/2019 21:38 by Takethedogalong

Depending on what style your OHs hair is BB, take a look at these. Work a treat once hair has dried naturally, refill canisters are cheap and last a long time. Great for those off grid days.

https://www.boots.com/babyliss-2583bu-pro-cordless-ceramic-gas-hair-curling-tong-10032560?cm_mmc=bmm-buk-google-ppc-_-PLAs-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Babyliss-_-(GB:Whoop!)+Boots+Shopping+-+Category+-+Electrical+Beauty+-+Tablet&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2r3shJD04wIVibTtCh1X6QQYEAQYAiABEgJ8pfD_BwE

😁

Posted on 09/08/2019 08:00

thanks, her pal has a set of these and the jury is out at the mo...I'm going to give the cheap low wattage hair dryer a go, not a lot to lose (but much for me to gainwink)

cheers.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/08/2019 10:33

Posted on 09/08/2019 10:33

If you find one, let me know. Only ones I have used have been underpowered, however I had long hair then!😄

ABM replied on 09/08/2019 11:13

Posted on 08/08/2019 22:55 by Merve

Waffler, you can get USB chargable toothbrushes! Amazon- where else. We have them and they charge and work a treat.

Posted on 09/08/2019 11:13

If these are like mine Merve, they use rather less tooth paste than conventional brushes, so in a little while I'll be back in profit !!laughing

As far as HAIR brushes go, use of these hi-tech things is above my pay grade  so I've been and had my Summer Trim.  Sparrers  etc are busy making duvets already  innocent !!

hitchglitch replied on 06/10/2019 19:54

Posted on 06/10/2019 19:54

The OP bought an inexpensive motorhome so I shouldn't think that he wants to fit solar panels, extra battery etc. Main thing is to replace the leisure battery which sounds as though it’s had it. Depending on the age of the van it may have USB outlets on the mains sockets. Failing that, buy a universal USB adapter which plugs into the van 12 volt socket or even the cab socket ( cigarette lighter) when driving. Internet search for “cigarette lighter to usb”.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook