Good Morning!

anddogscometoo replied on 26/02/2021 09:08

Posted on 26/02/2021 09:08

Hello everyone!  We are Debbie & Kev, a couple in our 50s with two Cockapoos.  We caravanned 30 odd years ago when our kids were little but then started going abroad.  After being confined to our hotel room for a week last March in Lanzarote as Covid broke, and whether we could travel home completely in someone else's hands, we decided its back to caravanning we go!  We have had  a year of umming and ahhing but then decided to go for it.  

Got an X5 to tow and hubby is a HGV driver so we should be ok and put a deposit on a 2013 Bailey Unicorn Madrid to hold until we are allowed to view!

Very excited about starting on our caravanning journey again with our dogs after all these years but also a little overwhelmed with all the info and "things" you need so no doubt I will be on here asking lots of "daft" questions! laughing

Cannot wait to get started!

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/02/2021 09:37

Posted on 26/02/2021 09:37

Welcome back👍🏻. Let’s hope for a magical summer when restrictions are lifted. 2 Cockapoos?. . .Me too, Mother & Daughter🙂

Takethedogalong replied on 26/02/2021 10:04

Posted on 26/02/2021 10:04

Lovely dogs! Welcome back, if it’s a long time since you last caravanned, you might notice a few changes, but sure you’ll slip back into the groove easily enough😁

Ask away for anything, folks are very helpful on here.👍

anddogscometoo replied on 26/02/2021 10:07

Posted on 26/02/2021 10:07

I hope so - we are excited but nervous!  Im sure we will get into the swing of it - its certainly come on a lot since we last had a caravan!! Both my two are boys and we are hoping they will love it - as long as they are with us they are happy! Exciting times!  smile

brue replied on 26/02/2021 11:02

Posted on 26/02/2021 11:02

Welcome to CT Debbie and Kev, sounds like you and the dogs will enjoy a new adventure together when things open up again, hope everything goes well, happy travels! smile

Takethedogalong replied on 26/02/2021 16:33

Posted on 26/02/2021 10:07 by anddogscometoo

I hope so - we are excited but nervous!  Im sure we will get into the swing of it - its certainly come on a lot since we last had a caravan!! Both my two are boys and we are hoping they will love it - as long as they are with us they are happy! Exciting times!  smile

Posted on 26/02/2021 16:33

All our dogs have loved touring, and friends all have pooches who just adore being away. I think they enjoy the close proximity living, most dogs are just happy to be close to loving owners. We only have one dog at the moment, the choc Lab in my avatar, sadly lost the golden one a couple of years ago, but she loved it. You hopped in, went to sleep and then magically woke up next to a beach😂 Doggy heaven, a mobile kennel.

tricia11 replied on 26/02/2021 17:01

Posted on 26/02/2021 17:01

Welcome to the best Doggy holidays ever.

DSB replied on 28/02/2021 22:26

Posted on 28/02/2021 22:26

Welcome to Club Together, Debbie and Kev.  All the best for your caravanning adventure.  Do let us know how you are getting on with it all.  We're all looking forward to getting out in our caravans, once more..... hopefully around April 12th, if all goes a cording to plan.

David 

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook