Hello and help!

Steve987 replied on 18/02/2021 16:09

Posted on 18/02/2021 16:09

Hello everyone, we are Steve and Sue and we are new to caravaning. We’ve ordered a Coachman VIP 520 which hopefully arrive in April/May. We are both looking forward to getting out in it and have a couple of club sites booked.

I’ve got lots of questions and am enjoying researching them, but there is one issue I’m rather confused about. As I understand it, my users payload is the difference between the mtplm and the MIRO. Which I believe is 148kgs for my caravan. What I’m a little confused about is what is counted in the MIRO?  I think not the leisure battery, motor mover and any other extras.  But is the gas bottle included? And if it is, then is it just one gas bottle, or two, if I carried a spare?

Many thanks 

Steve

Freddy55 replied on 20/02/2021 19:09

Posted on 20/02/2021 18:58 by KjellNN

Apparently it is so that a van can be legally towed by a wider range of cars.

When you upgrade the weight, you usually also need to increase  the tyre pressures, it will all be detailed in the paperwork.  And JVB is correct, you should also receive  new paperwork showing the new particulars.

Posted on 20/02/2021 19:09

Apparently it is so that a van can be legally towed by a wider range of cars.

That makes sense, thanks Kj 👍

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook