Hi new member

PipandRon replied on 02/05/2021 19:08

Posted on 02/05/2021 19:08

Hi

New members here we have just purchased our first motorhome a Bailey Adamo 75 4 DL spent the last 2 days on the drive working everything out hopefully should be ok on our first night away, we are 61 and 60 the former is the wife who is taking early retirement the end of June, really looking forward to meeting people and learning from you all,i have uploaded a picture of the van we are calling it R Vera after the wife's mum.

cyberyacht replied on 03/05/2021 08:23

Posted on 03/05/2021 08:23

Looking very shiny! Welcome to CT. Go into your profile and change your screen name to something more user friendly unless, like The Prisoner, you are 'just a number'.

Chemik89 replied on 03/05/2021 11:13

Posted on 03/05/2021 11:13

Hi PipandRon,

Welcome to CT and hope that you have many adventures with R Vera.

You will find a treasure trove of info and helpful hints on this forum, it can be quite a revelation.

Enjoylaughing

Chemik89

JVB66 replied on 03/05/2021 11:54

Posted on 03/05/2021 11:54

Welcome to the club and CT,

one or two words before you go on what we have nearly all done,  a spending spree thinking we will need that?  Many of us have lots of those sort of things ,in the garage/spare room 

Two things that we and numerous. others who have/had motor caravans, and noted again this weekend with the Increase in MC ownership 

Is the need to reduce the amount of time you will at times need at MC  service points (not other types and blocking roads)

1 a watering can or two to keep topping up your fresh  water tank and toilet flush tank

2 a container to empty your waste tank into ,to save needing a possible when site busy a long wait at the MC service point when leaving a site 

Or always book if possible a service pitch on sites

Tinwheeler replied on 04/05/2021 12:49

Posted on 04/05/2021 12:49

There again, we never need nor book a service pitch and are quite happy to fill or empty our tanks at the dedicated MHSP when exiting or entering the site.

We carry a couple of collapsible buckets for emergencies but haven’t needed them yet, and a hose to allow us to empty on sites that don’t have a purpose designed drain point.

All of which proves there is no right or wrong way of doing things and we each do what suits us best.

DSB replied on 04/05/2021 22:34

Posted on 04/05/2021 22:34

Hi Pip and Ron. Welcome to Club Together - great to hear from you.  All the best for the new Motorhome - do let us know how you get on with it all.

David 

peedee replied on 05/05/2021 07:18

Posted on 05/05/2021 07:18

Welcome to CT and the motorhome owning fraternity. The best tip I can give you is to make out check lists the most important of which is a list of things to do before you drive off e.g. shut and secure all lockers, external and internal, turn off gas, legs up etc. It is surprising how easy it is to forget to do things. I keep this list on a laminated card for my wife to read out and me to check before we move off.

I also have two other lists which I stick to the sun visors so they are easily available by simply pulling down the sun visor. On the passengers side I stick a lsit of emergency numbers for the countries I am visiting or plan to visit and on the drivers site I stick a reminder of the vehicles height and width both in metres and feet.

Enjoy your travels.

peedee

tricia11 replied on 05/05/2021 16:15

Posted on 02/05/2021 19:08 by PipandRon

Hi

New members here we have just purchased our first motorhome a Bailey Adamo 75 4 DL spent the last 2 days on the drive working everything out hopefully should be ok on our first night away, we are 61 and 60 the former is the wife who is taking early retirement the end of June, really looking forward to meeting people and learning from you all,i have uploaded a picture of the van we are calling it R Vera after the wife's mum.

Posted on 05/05/2021 16:15

Brilliant , love the Name, welcome.

Our M is called MR Blue Sky, as it s what we hope for every time we go out.🤪

Reza and Behi replied on 12/08/2021 10:08

Posted on 12/08/2021 10:08

Hi Pip and Ron ,

I am quite new to the world of motorhome with zero experience. I hope you have enjoyed your motorhome so far. I am getting mine identical to yours in 2 days very exciting. Have you experienced any issue or fault so far I should be aware of. Obviously this is the new model. I have heard some motorhomes goes back to dealer with various faults, I appreciate to hear your experience.

thanks

Reza

Takethedogalong replied on 13/08/2021 07:12

Posted on 13/08/2021 07:12

Welcome Pip and Ron, and Rena and Behi. Hope you enjoy your new holiday homes😁

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook