I'm a rookie

Jon dingle replied on 28/07/2019 18:18

Posted on 28/07/2019 18:18

Hi everyone, I am a rookie and spent many years not being very happy with caravans as i was a long distance lorry driver, As i see things now i was wrong, in my younger years trying to earn  a living and pay my bills with a young family caravans where just making my job hard, Now i'v come to realise all the places i have driven that had outstanding views and scenery i just drove through or past them, Now in a different frame of mind and just accepting that most of the roads are terrible so get use to it we are going to take our time and view some of the areas i have drove through, So i do apologise if i'v made your ears burn in the past, 

I had to think long and hard with the choice of vehicle to pull a caravan, and also not wanting to spend to much until i get a bit more pro at Caravanning i think we are happy with our choice and are looking forward to our 1st venture next month. using a Kia Sorento and a Bailey Pageant 

derekcyril replied on 29/07/2019 17:41

Posted on 29/07/2019 17:41

I also was a hgv driver , been towing a caravan for almost 30 years ,mind you my reversing makes me go red sometimes .

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook