The addiction is kicking in!!!

swampyrn replied on 04/07/2017 21:41

Posted on 04/07/2017 21:41

Hi everyone. myself Ian and my wife Angela purchased a motorhome at the NEC show last October and picked it up in March. We have challenged ourselves to go away each month I am home as I work away and upto now mission accomplished. Its not hard to find a campsite nearby especially the CL sites. We have just ventured out this trip to the Sussex coast from our home in Northumberland. Enjoyed every minute of it at Normans Bay. Exploring the area of Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings. Pity we had to come back.

We are off again tomorrow just up the road along the A69 to Brockalee farm, a CL site for a few days before I go back to work. Then start planning for next trip.

I will be looking for some advise for purchasing an awning for my Majestic 135 motorhome. Its has an awning on the side already. A Dometic PW1000, but want a complete awning with sides and a front. If you know of any discussions covering this topic please let me know.

swampyrn replied on 13/07/2017 18:21

Posted on 13/07/2017 18:21

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply and information.

i had enquired about the PW1000 but hadn't got a reply. I will take a look at your link and take it from there. 

Thanks again. Ian.

DSB replied on 13/07/2017 19:39

Posted on 13/07/2017 18:21 by swampyrn

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply and information.

i had enquired about the PW1000 but hadn't got a reply. I will take a look at your link and take it from there. 

Thanks again. Ian.

Posted on 13/07/2017 19:39

I'd be interested to know how you get on with it all, so do keep us posted.

David 

Tammygirl replied on 14/07/2017 21:07

Posted on 14/07/2017 21:07

We have a Fiamma canopy fitted to our motorhome, we also have a lightweight 250cm awning left over from our caravanning days which we can fasten to the front edge of the Fiamma and it then fits like a caravan awning but with a slight gap at the top where the Fiamma box is. We don't often use this as we tend to holiday in warmer climates (Spain/France) where the canopy is sufficient. 

Are you looking for something that you can attache to the front of your canopy (while its wound in) or are you looking to use the canopy as the roof of a room? the other choice is a drive away awning.

swampyrn replied on 15/07/2017 22:40

Posted on 15/07/2017 22:40

We are looking at all options just now. We have a Dometc PW1000 already fitted and David gave us a link for a supplier Grimsby for the sides and front that will fit the existing canopy. We are going to Withernsea next time I am home so we plan to go and visit the supplier to see what their like. 

I will report back with our findings. 

Thanks for the info. 

Ian 

DSB replied on 19/07/2017 15:17

Posted on 15/07/2017 22:40 by swampyrn

We are looking at all options just now. We have a Dometc PW1000 already fitted and David gave us a link for a supplier Grimsby for the sides and front that will fit the existing canopy. We are going to Withernsea next time I am home so we plan to go and visit the supplier to see what their like. 

I will report back with our findings. 

Thanks for the info. 

Ian 

Posted on 19/07/2017 15:17

Sounds good Ian.

David 

Leticia2 replied on 20/07/2017 16:56

Posted on 20/07/2017 16:56

We live near the south east coast and did the trip to your wonderful county of Northumberland last year. We split the journey both ways, stopping off in the Richmond Yorkshire area for a couple of nights. It all worked very well.

ScreenNameDD6F8CC796 replied on 09/01/2021 21:38

Posted on 09/01/2021 21:38

Hi All, My wife and I bought our first Motorhome in July last year and just beginning to learn the ropes. When we bought the van LB Camproom awning sides were included. Unfortunately one of the sides was missing. Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement awning side?

Moderator Edit:

As this is an old thread, it would be better if you reposted  in Parts and Accessories Section further down the main index.  I can then delete it from here.

Many Thanks.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook