Attempted theft after only one week 😢

crobinson9 replied on 16/07/2019 23:05

Posted on 16/07/2019 23:05

I have brought an LMC van that I have saved for and finally decided after three years to make the jump for.  I joined the caravan club less than one week ago straight after buying the caravan.  I have booked our first trip for 8th aug through the caravan club and  stored it on a reputable site and guess what - someone has already tried to steel it- the bull dog wheel clamps (twin axel) that have cost me almost £400 are destroyed and I feel gutted !  I’m not sure this is for me I’m so worried. Now it’s took all of the enjoyment away and feel like just getting rid now . What security do other people use on their vans- this is our first one and I thought it was so luxurious - obviously is to travellers too !!!

Merve replied on 04/08/2019 12:10

Posted on 04/08/2019 12:10

Yes, I was most insulted when we were turned away from a site in France and any amount of trying to convince them I wasn’t a traveller fell in deaf ears! I too have had a van stolen- a twin axle and I was absolutely gutted but you have to realise it’s only a ‘thing’- no one died. Get good insurance like the clubs insurance and put it in a gold CaSSOA. Make sure you tell the insurance company every detail of what you want insuring. Then if it goes, OK it’s a pain but it’s not the end of the world. 

Chandyrauf replied on 07/08/2020 10:53

Posted on 07/08/2020 10:53

Hello All

I am not new to Caravans or Motorhomes because I have hired or used family ones.   However I have now bought my own MH  A Fiat Rapido and I love it.   Problem is I want to put wheel clamps on it but there are so many to choose from.

Has anyone got any suggestions or reccomendations as to the best ones to buy. and where from. 

HELP 

Thanks 

Mike

Moderator Edit:

Can I ask that you repost this in the Parts and Accessories Section where it's more likely to get responses.  I can then delete it from this old thread.

Many Thanks.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook