Bailey Pageant Loire 2003 advice please

SamJam1965 replied on 18/08/2019 15:22

Posted on 18/08/2019 15:22

Hi all,

a couple of newbies would very much like your expertise in solving a couple of issues we have with our recently-purchased 2003 Bailey Pageant Loire.

We sited it recently for our daughter's family to stay in (back in lock-up now) but, whatever we tried, we just couldn't get the water pump to run. Maybe we just didn't switch something on but we looked and looked and we're fairly sure everything was in the 'on' position.

Also, when hooked up to our car, all the van's exterior lights work except the reversing lights.

Oh, one other bonus question - we can't open the bottom of the two covers in the picture. Is there anything important inside the box?

Thank you heaps in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Kim & Sam

Tinwheeler replied on 18/08/2019 15:50

Posted on 18/08/2019 15:50

With regards to the locker door, that is surely the access to the toilet cassette. I guess you haven’t emptied it yet! Have you tried pushing the button as well as unlocking it? If all else fails, push the hinge pins out.

The filler above it is most likely for the flush tank.

derekcyril replied on 18/08/2019 16:11

Posted on 18/08/2019 16:11

Good advice Tinwheeler.. Kim and Sam google van youve got for info it will be a  lot quicker for you and  empty toilet !!

SamJam1965 replied on 18/08/2019 19:04

Posted on 18/08/2019 19:04

Thanks for the replies and advice.

The toilet doesn't need to be emptied as it wasn't used in the four days the van was pitched - as we couldn't get any water flow, anything that uses water was left unused.

richardandros replied on 19/08/2019 06:29

Posted on 19/08/2019 06:29

I assume you have an external pump - our previous Moselle did. If so, the first thing I would check would be the brass contacts on both the pump hose and in the socket on the side of the van. It doesn’t take much corrosion to prevent the current flowing - indeed it happened on our nearly new Knaus, the other day. Get some fine emery paper and clean them (I use one of my wife’s emery boards - ideal for the job). If that doesn’t work - try connecting the pump directly to a 12v battery and if still not working - give the impeller at the bottom of the pump a little spin using a biro or something similar. You may have to remove the coarse filter if there is one, to access it. Sometimes they stick- especially if not used for a while.

Failing that - then try a new pump and then look at the wiring / fuses in the van.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook