Thule bike rack on fiamma rails?

Cheryl Barry replied on 17/11/2021 22:17

Posted on 17/11/2021 22:17

I’m new to motorhoming and looking for a bit of experienced advice. I’m buying an Autosleeper Broadway which has factory fitted fiamma rails, but I want to have a Thule lockable  bike rack fitted. Dealer says it’s not possible as the Thule won’t fit the fiamma rails but I think he just wants to fit the fiamma because he has one in stock. Any help gratefully received. 

eribaMotters replied on 18/11/2021 08:52

Posted on 18/11/2021 08:52

I've fitted 4 carriers, Fiamma and Thule [Omni]. They do differ in design and I do not recall them being interchangeable on mounts. From memory I think the Fiamma tubes are a smaller diameter but  seemed thicker walled. Quality wise they are comparable so I would not worry.

If your concern is security I would just get a high quality cable and lock. I use a Kryptonite Evolution to secure my self seek free standing sat dish but something a little cheaper on the bikes as they are old.

Colin

DavidKlyne replied on 18/11/2021 09:53

Posted on 17/11/2021 22:17 by Cheryl Barry

I’m new to motorhoming and looking for a bit of experienced advice. I’m buying an Autosleeper Broadway which has factory fitted fiamma rails, but I want to have a Thule lockable  bike rack fitted. Dealer says it’s not possible as the Thule won’t fit the fiamma rails but I think he just wants to fit the fiamma because he has one in stock. Any help gratefully received. 

Posted on 18/11/2021 09:53

If its any use I recorded how I fitted my Fiamma Bike Rack to pre installed Fiamma rails and you can see how the fittings secure the rack to the rails. (see link below) You would then need to go to the Thule website to check to see the fittings are the same. More importantly as Colin says you would need to check the relative sizes. Unless the two are designed to be mix and match, most unlikely, I am not sure I would risk it even if the fittings appear to be the same. You would also need to check any warranty implications for rails, rack and of course the actual motorhome.

http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/fiamma_bike_rack.html

David

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook