2022 great savings guide

replied on 12/03/2022 15:05

Posted on 12/03/2022 14:52 by allanandjean

WN, Smarty website;

"Travelling in the EU
Use your SMARTY plan
If your plan includes calls and texts, they work just like home. They’re unlimited with no extra fees.
Subject to our fair use limit, you can use up to 12GB of data each month out of your monthly allowance. If you need more data, you can buy a data add-on."

I checked last week as our Grandson has a Smarty SIM only deal.

Posted on 12/03/2022 15:05

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Wherenext replied on 12/03/2022 18:37

WN, Smarty website;

"Travelling in the EU
Use your SMARTY plan
If your plan includes calls and texts, they work just like home. They’re unlimited with no extra fees.
Subject to our fair use limit, you can use up to 12GB of data each month out of your monthly allowance. If you need more data, you can buy a data add-on."

AD/Ina D, Think that the 12gb  data limit applies to all 3/Smarty deals, even those that they no longer offer.

Posted on 12/03/2022 18:37

Thanks AandJ

I was sitting in the car waiting for OH to appear from a shop and the post took so long to upload that I just gave up and supposed that it never arrived. Thanks for informing. The 12gb and any add-on will be enough for our use together with Mrs WNs allowance on a monthly EE plan we have.

InaD replied on 12/03/2022 22:31

Posted on 12/03/2022 09:45 by

My understanding is (possibly wrong) 12 gb for roaming  and 12 for uk use.

InaD

Got nowhere with thier website or online chat wasnt answed. I had sent for the sim from amazon and since the packaging was different I broke the seal and read the instructions inside and that's where I  discovered it's no longer 24gb roaming .

I retuned it and amazon refunded  me within the hour even though the item would still have been at the Hermes drop off point.

Am looking at a Vodaphone product now.

Posted on 12/03/2022 22:31

Thanks AD, useful info.  Good service from Amazon.  I have tried to log on here before now, but got nowhere, so gave up.  At the moment we're partway through a 24gb three sim, used about 9 so far.  Will also look at alternatives.

InaD replied on 12/03/2022 22:34

WN, Smarty website;

"Travelling in the EU
Use your SMARTY plan

AD/Ina D, Think that the 12gb  data limit applies to all 3/Smarty deals, even those that they no longer offer.

Posted on 12/03/2022 22:34

Thanks allanandjean; I do remember reading elsewhere about Smarty, so that's one to investigate nearer the time.

welshwarbler replied on 30/03/2022 20:59

Posted on 30/03/2022 20:59

Much easier to have a booklet in your bag as not everywhere has internet or even phone signal.

replied on 01/04/2022 07:45

Posted on 12/03/2022 22:31 by InaD

Thanks AD, useful info.  Good service from Amazon.  I have tried to log on here before now, but got nowhere, so gave up.  At the moment we're partway through a 24gb three sim, used about 9 so far.  Will also look at alternatives.

Posted on 01/04/2022 07:45

replied on 01/04/2022 08:24

Posted on 03/02/2022 09:47 by SteveL

I personally think too much is made of lack of internet connection. There can’t be many places in the UK where internet access either mobile or hot spot can’t be achieved with a minimal journey. I noted on the latest update of O2’s coverage checker that it is now even available at Altnaharra. In the case of this latest addition of the great savings guide, it makes every sort of sense not to publish a hard copy when it is still being compiled. Hopefully in the near future  they will also offer a fully digital membership like the C&CC, who have just taken £14 less on the direct debit than this club.

Posted on 01/04/2022 08:24

Takethedogalong replied on 01/04/2022 11:09

Posted on 01/04/2022 11:09

Folks might be interested in Lebara network. Offers big data allowances at a small price. It was designed primarily to offer connectivity to refugees, migrants, overseas workers. I think it is part of Vodaphone. OH decided to give it a try as he wanted more data. No contract, you can vary what you pay/what data you need on a monthly basis. OH has been using it since before Xmas, and it’s been really good he says. No problems with watching MOTD online when away😁 He is using it with a new model iPhone and tethering his iPAd. We haven’t used it, but supposed to be good on international calls.

https://mobile.lebara.com/gb/en/

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook